Thread: Morris Hoover's last chance at MSR is.....

Default Morris Hoover's last chance at MSR is.....

...this Friday. I know that many of you know him from autocrossing, from the LSMC, and/or the "Miata's at the Ranch" events. He has taken a job in Little Rock, Arkansas and starts work there next Monday. Feel free to come and say "See ya" on the new road course. If you're not a member of MSR, find one that might be coming and suck up to be a "guest".... We will get there about 8:30AM for a day of playing on the 1.3!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Aw crap I'll be on the road on Friday... Wish him the best of luck for me will ya!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Aw crap...
    +1

I'll be on an airplane... Wish him the best of luck!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I got out there too late to see you guys run the new track, so I got my helmet and took my Mazda3 out for a session. That tiptronic shifter was a little different (kept pushing the non existent clutch pedel.) Also I have only done a little racing in Shannon's old protege C car in a FWD so I was all over the place at first. Much fun after you get the hang of things. The blind over the hill coming back East with the track veering right is a thrill (reminds me of a spot out at Thunderhill in CA.) One of the Evos ran a 1:09. What were you turning Merv? Do you have a good guess on what an SM will do?
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    I got out there too late to see you guys run the new track, so I got my helmet and took my Mazda3 out for a session. That tiptronic shifter was a little different (kept pushing the non existent clutch pedel.) Also I have only done a little racing in Shannon's old protege C car in a FWD so I was all over the place at first. Much fun after you get the hang of things. The blind over the hill coming back East with the track veering right is a thrill (reminds me of a spot out at Thunderhill in CA.) One of the Evos ran a 1:09. What were you turning Merv? Do you have a good guess on what an SM will do?
    I doubt an Evo ran a 1:09..... Wes Pollan's mini-NASCAR was only runing 1:14's, and I was quicker than one Evo and only a bit slower than the other, and Wes was probably 3-4 seconds quicker. No one timed me, that I know of, but with some old Kumho V-700's I estimate maybe 1:17 to 1:18's, when I wasn't spinning or dirt surfing! I timed Morris on his last session, and he started at a 1:22.07 and got down to a 1:20.54 on street times. I've run a 1:30.24 in Sunny on the 1.7, so I would expect an SM time of 1:12-1:14 on the 1.3.

It was a lot of fun, but the traction was really poor, and the decreasing radius corners were eating my lunch. I tried lots of different lines. Some worked, some didn't! I'm going to need lots of seat time to get good on this track. It is so busy that there is no time to rest, and four sessions was enough for me......
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    I doubt an Evo ran a 1:09..... Wes Pollan's mini-NASCAR was only runing 1:14's, and I was quicker than one Evo and only a bit slower than the other, and Wes was probably 3-4 seconds quicker. No one timed me, that I know of, but with some old Kumho V-700's I estimate maybe 1:17 to 1:18's, when I wasn't spinning or dirt surfing! I timed Morris on his last session, and he started at a 1:22.07 and got down to a 1:20.54 on street times. I've run a 1:30.24 in Sunny on the 1.7, so I would expect an SM time of 1:12-1:14 on the 1.3.

It was a lot of fun, but the traction was really poor, and the decreasing radius corners were eating my lunch. I tried lots of different lines. Some worked, some didn't! I'm going to need lots of seat time to get good on this track. It is so busy that there is no time to rest, and four sessions was enough for me......
    I double checked today Merv, the Evo ran a 1:09.2. It is not stock, and it was flying. Brian may have a quick watch or something, but that is waht he had.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Default Contact info for Morris

Does anyone have contact information for Morris? He called me a while back and I've never returned the call. Now I can't find any numbers for him. Please shoot it to me offlist at [email protected] if you've got it.

Thanks
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    I double checked today Merv, the Evo ran a 1:09.2. It is not stock, and it was flying. Brian may have a quick watch or something, but that is waht he had.
    Not while I was there........