Thread: 2007 Mazda CX-7

Default 2007 Mazda CX-7

I got an e-mail about this thing, looks kinda cool!

The all new 2007 Mazda CX-7 will be arriving in our showroom in just a few short months and we are already seeing a lot of excitement and demand for this latest version of "Zoom-Zoom". With its innovative design, quality craftsmanship, spirited performance, and exceptional functionality, we expect it to be the leader in its segment.

To learn more about how Mazda CX-7 combines the emotional and performance characteristics of a sports car with the lifestyle benefits of an SUV and the class of a luxury car, just contact us here at Mazda South or visit www.mazdausa.com where you can even reserve a CX-7 built to fit your desires.

Sincerely,

Rick Huber
    Mazda South

Will there be a race-ready version available only in Japan?

And if it is too small for you, they will have a CX-9 for the '08 model year.

I think its' cool... but I do think they're going to find it a somewhat tough sell with a turbo 4cyl vs the rest of teh world's v6 or even v8 offerings..

Not saying it's going to be bad by any means.. but john Q Public may scoff at the 4cyl before they even get near the dealer...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

So what Ford Platform is it based on??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    I think its' cool... but I do think they're going to find it a somewhat tough sell with a turbo 4cyl vs the rest of teh world's v6 or even v8 offerings..

Not saying it's going to be bad by any means.. but john Q Public may scoff at the 4cyl before they even get near the dealer...
    A very true statement, but take into consideration that Honda Motor Company changed the motor of their concept (read: cheaper than the MDX) RDX platform from a plain-Jane Honda V6 to a turbo inline-4 with the RL/Legend's SH-AWD system.

The RDX is being targeted at those who want a "refined" SAV, much in the grain of the FX35 and X3 which supposedly handle and haul ass in addition to being able to be "utilitarian". The RDX's base MSRP is supposedly close to the CX-7 is all I can guess, seeing how the MDX is roughly $38,000 - $40,000 depending on where you go.

Who knows that the companies out there are thinking as far as SUV's go, but give it some more time and you may see more on the way.
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    So what Ford Platform is it based on??
    I think I read that there isn't any platform share on the CX line.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I think I read that there isn't any platform share on the CX line.
    Come on now, isn't Mazda still owned by Ford.

Looks simillar to the Ford Edge.

Interestingly, the Edge is built on the Mazda6 platform, while the CX-7 is an all new platform.

From Wikipedia:

The CX-7 rides on an all-new platform instead of sharing the Ford/Mazda CD3platform used by the similar Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX crossovers as well as the Mazda6. It uses the front suspension of the Mazda MPVminivan, with the rear suspension from the Mazda5. Many of the all wheel drive components come from the Mazdaspeed 6, as does its turbocharged engine. The only available transmission will be a 6-speed automatic.
    Power comes from the same 2.3 L straight-4MZR engine used in the Mazdaspeed 6, and tuned to produce 244 hp (182 kW)at 5000 RPM and 258 ft·lbf (350 N·m) of torque at a low 2500 rpm. 99 percent of the maximum torque is available to 5000 rpm.
    The CX-7 features fully independent suspension, four-wheel ventilated disc brakes with standard anti-lock brakes, stability control and traction control, and a choice of either front wheel drive or Mazda's Active Torque-Split all wheel drive system. With the Active Torque-Split system, a computer-controlled coupling feeds up to 50 percent of the engine's torque to the rear wheels. The Mazda CX-7 is estimated to deliver over 23 mpg (10.2 L/100 km) in combined driving.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it somewhere in the contract that Ford wouldn't mess with Mazda's designing and all that stuff(but were free to use it for themselves as well)?

Ford needs to dump a shitload of money into Mazda and remake a bitchen 4-rotor to destroy LeMans again ( or just drop a 20b in the car in this thread )

And a turbo 4cyl should work out just fine for them, especially if they are trying to sell alot of these in Japan as you get taxed based on engine displacement there. It worked great for the old Toyota Tundra's right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolix
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it somewhere in the contract that Ford wouldn't mess with Mazda's designing and all that stuff(but were free to use it for themselves as well)??
    Ford owns Mazda, as the owners I'm sure they can do anything they want to make .

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    It's an attractive enough vehicle... I could easily see Titus and family sliding in and out of one at the local mall.
    Yep... I actually had my eye on it over a year ago (back when it was a Concept car). Before we bought the Murano, we went down to town North and test-drove one of everything. They called me a few months later as a followup, and it had just been anounced that the CX-7 was going to be a production offering. I told them I would have been all over the CX-7 if Mazda had been quicker to market with it. I suspect it will get still get a look from us... as soon as the Murano is paid off.