Thread: The Biggest Mazda

Default The Biggest Mazda

Linkie.

From the Press Release:

Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) will unveil its all-new 2007 Mazda CX-9 seven-passenger crossover sport-utility vehicle (SUV) at next week's New York International Auto Show. Arriving in Mazda dealerships in early 2007, the CX-9 is designed and engineered specifically for North America. The Mazda CX-9's design sets new standards for style, while incorporating an interior of sophisticated elegance with class-leading space and unmatched versatility. Best of all, CX-9 -- like all Mazdas -- has the Soul of a Sportscar.

Like the Mazda CX-7 presented earlier this year, the CX-9 is a clean break from the traditional boxy SUVs crowding the US market, deftly blending sporty driving spirit with seven-passenger SUV practicality.

Mazda CX-9 targets young couples and modern families with a focus on family interests, yet haven't lost their desire for high-intensity leisure activities, learning experiences and social interaction. It is also ideal for couples with grown children who pursue an active lifestyle.

Every CX-9 is powered by a new 3.5-liter V6 engine driven through a standard six-speed automatic transmission. Final drive is through either front- or all-wheel drive. Brakes are large ventilated discs on all four wheels.

How about that new MX-3 based on the Kabura, instead?

S.

So does teh CX-9 (or 7) share a platform with any of the other ford type products?

I see the 3.5L V6 is straight out of Ford's lineup...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    So does teh CX-9 (or 7) share a platform with any of the other ford type products?

I see the 3.5L V6 is straight out of Ford's lineup...
    Well HERE is the info I dug up a few weeks ago on the CX-7.

For the CX-9, I found this from the same source:

The Mazda CX-9 is a rumored Crossover SUV to be built alongside the Mazda CX-7. It will offer third-row seating, replacing the Mazda MPV in the US market. It will be shown at the 2006 New York International Auto Show.
    The CX-9 will be the first Mazda product to use the 3.5 L Ford "Cyclone" V6, called "MZI" in Mazda guise. It may also use the Ford/GM 6F automatic transmission.