Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCCA National Tour - Houston, 4/21-4/23

You weren't such a slouch yourself, David.

For the record, since I didn't mention it in the last post, E Stock and C Stock ran together in the same heat. Mr. Hedderick laid the smack down on C Stock on Sunday, posting a time that was almost 3/10ths faster than the leading C Stock time. As a result, David not only won E Stock by quite a margin, but he would have won a combined C/E Stock as well.

Send those letters in now to the SEB against the proposed C & E Stock merger, folks! We don't need this alien running with us!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the update guys! Sounds like you had a great time. Like I said, wish I could have been there.

Good job David! Way to win it for the barndoors.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altiain

For the record, since I didn't mention it in the last post, E Stock and C Stock ran together in the same heat. Mr. Hedderick laid the smack down on C Stock on Sunday, posting a time that was almost 3/10ths faster than the leading C Stock time. As a result, David not only won E Stock by quite a margin, but he would have won a combined C/E Stock as well.

Send those letters in now to the SEB against the proposed C & E Stock merger, folks! We don't need this alien running with us!
    Here is the man himself. He put in a fantastic performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

David, are those my wheels?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned
    Here is the man himself. He put in a fantastic performance.
    Yes he did! He may change the face of ES / CS all by himself.

Hey ya got any more pictures cone-cerned?? I took my camera but never took it out of the case.......

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey ya got any more pictures cone-cerned??
    YES!

Mrs. cone-cerned took almost 2000 photos in the three days at Houston, and we left after heat 2 on Sunday. She likes that motor drive. It's going to take me some time on the computer to get things organized.

Chassis Designer

Hey Altiain did you happen to find an extra set of Lotus keys by your trailer? You remember, black key with a silver...no, I guess you wouldn't.

Good time this weekend guys. Anybody have 49 thousandth of a second for sale?
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis
    Hey Altiain did you happen to find an extra set of Lotus keys by your trailer? You remember, black key with a silver...no, I guess you wouldn't.

Good time this weekend guys. Anybody have 49 thousandth of a second for sale?
    David, did you really have to change out the exhaust and valence on your car for the tour. BTW, your elise sounded wicked at the PCA event last month.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    David, did you really have to change out the exhaust and valence on your car for the tour. BTW, your elise sounded wicked at the PCA event last month.
    Sure did. The lighter exhaust by 20lbs and a better Sunday performance probably would have made the difference. I'm going to have smaller tips put on the lighter exhaust this week.
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

i KNEW that name sounded familiar, David. I saw David Smart entered but didn't see an S2000 but didn't even figure it was the same person. Good to see you out there. It's no fun at all to get pummelled by Dr. Strelnieks, I'm looking forward to it in our new SM2 ride later this year, but it definitely makes you faster.

Hope to see you guys at the Pro...

...if i can find a ride.

dp

~snip~

Forget C Stock, he would've trophied in third place in A Stock!

I vote we all campaign together to get young Mr Hedderick moved to a class by himself. He's clearly too fast for ES, and now too fast for CS as well. We could call the new class DHS, and the competition would be open to anyone who wants to try to de-throne him. Got an RX-8? Bring it on... S2000? No problem....

Congrats David on a job well done! I was pedaling as fast as I could and the closest I ever got was 0.860 on Saturday. Cones, a spin and then fear of more of the same kept me 1.9 (!) off your pace on Sunday. Awesome....
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

One more thing about the Houston Tour...

Great Job to everyone involved in running that event. It takes a huge effort to make an event that large as smooth running and trouble-free as it was. Congrats to the Houston Region for another great tour.

Brain Fitzpatrick took some pictures of 2nd heat: Linkie

Pos doing it NASCAR style:

A more conventional approach by yours truly:

This guy might be in C Stock next season!

Cobb's new uber-Scooby! Proof that for eighty grand you can go faster than a stock Miata... just not much.
    Last edited by altiain; 04-25-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Cool! Thanks Altiain! At the cone clinic in Arkansas I was told I needed to work on shuffling my hands and by the pictures it looks like I'm not listening....

I did notice I seemed to be the only Miata from the DFW area running the MME Magnet, wonder why??

Great pics! Thanks for posting...

POS - looks like I'm all crossed up in that one, too.

You kids see the Paxed Results from the Houston, Texas National Tour -- April 22-23, 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You kids see the Paxed Results from the Houston, Texas National Tour -- April 22-23, 2006!
    Who says C Stock is an easy class? We had five of the top 25 PAX spots in Houston!

BTW Mick, I'd be more than happy to run my DFWMiata.com magnets...
    if Screamin Screw would ever bother to mail me back the ones I loaned to him!!!
    Iain

Who says C Stock is an easy class? We had five of the top 25 PAX spots in Houston!
    And there were six Minis in the top nine. 2007 G stock PAX will be a Killer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast