Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: S2K Autocross - Mineral Wells - 2/28/2004

Default Event: S2K Autocross - Mineral Wells - 2/28/2004

Registration is now open. Visit http://dlbracing.com to sign up. These events are the best in our area, in part because they are limited to 40 entries. Sign up now to reserve your spot!

I'm in!

BTW, I agree with tailchaser - if you haven't been to an S2000 autocross, you're missing out!

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Event: S2K Autocross - Mineral Wells - 2/28/2004

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Registration is now open!
    Thank you sir! I'm registered!

The S2K events are some of the best in DFW, if you haven't tried one you just don't know what your missing!

Mick

I'm in. I expect this one to be COLD.
    My first event last year found me dressed in my artic ski gear!!!

I'm in...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Can anyone tell me what time this will finish up? I have a commitment that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Can anyone tell me what time this will finish up? I have a commitment that evening.

Typical NTS2KOC events end about 3:30pm, and then they have "fun runs" for those that want to participate. However, since this is the first [full-fledged] event of the year, and they'll be using new equipment, it could mean the event will go a little long.

But just tell them you have to cut out early. Make sure you work early, and then run... depending on how early you have to leave, you may not get to run all your laps, but if you don't work, none of your laps will count. Anyway, they are very accomodating, so just let them know what's up, and I'm sure you can work it all out.

I actually want to go to the SCCA Banquet that evening, but it looks like I'll miss it , since I don't want to give up any time at the NTS2K event...

Ah, you'll be fine! :P

What time is your "commitment"?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Ah, you'll be fine! :P

What time is your "commitment"?
    I'll need to be home by 4 or 5 at the latest. (Don't ask!)

I'll need to be home by 4 or 5 at the latest. (Don't ask!)
    Ah, you'll be fine! But don't forget your cell phone just in case!

<-----Signed Up and ready to smoke some azenis!

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Hey everyone, in case you haven't read the North Texas S2000 Owner's Club Autocross Rules / Information, here's a link. It's pretty much the same as last year with one important difference:

Points: The club will award points during each of the five autocrosses with a final championship being awarded at the end of the season. The cars will be divided into two classes to provide reasonable competition. The default classes are S2000 Street and S2000 Race. (The only differentiation being R-compound tire choice.)

Classification of other models will be based on attendance. A quota of at least five of a particular model is required for points to be awarded at an event. Tire choice will only be a factor if there are five each of street and race tired cars. In order for a championship to be awarded, at least 75% of the events need to meet the quota.
    We no longer have a definite class for both R and non-R Miatas... we now have to meet a quota in order to be awarded any kind of year-end trophy. Boiled down it means we have to have a minimum of 5 Miatas in a class at 4 of the 5 events in order to qualify. So much for special treatment for their friends in the Miata crowd.

Think that's not a problem? Wrong again... neither Miata Class would have qualified in 2003!

• - Event #1 4 R, 8 Non-R
      - Event #2 3 R, 4 Non-R
      - Event #3 7 R, 6 Non-R
      - Event #4 4 R, 4 Non-R
      - Event #5 4 R, 3 Non-R
    Look, it's their club, and they can do what they want (actually, it's my club, since I joined at the Christmas Party :) ), but I for one am
    very disappointed in this apparent change of attitude with the S2000 folks. I'm sure there are solid reasons for this change (I can just here someone saying "Why should we treat those Miata guys any differently than the other non-S2000 drivers?"), but it seems pretty anit-social considering all the support we give them.

Well, I suppose we control our own destiny... we just have to make sure we get enough people out to each event (BTW, at present we only have 3 R and 3 non-R Miatas signed up ).

And as an update, the NTS2KOC will be offering a "Full Season Pre-Pay Option" at their first event as described in this except from an eMail I received:

At the first event only, we will be offering a 2004 "season pass". The cost for members will be $100 and $120 for non-members (buy 4 get 1 free). We are offering this in an attempt to sooner purchase a Race America digital timing display ($$$$) for your viewing pleasure! Note: You will still be required to pre-register on-line allowing us to hold your spot and to register you in the system.
    So if you plan to run all year, bring a little extra cash to that first event and save some money in the long run*.

* I will admit that one of the main reasons for pre-paying SCCA and ER events is not a big deal at NTS2KOC events. Waiting in line to register at ER and SCCA events is a pain in the neck, since they can have as many as 200 drivers at an event . On the other hand, the S2000 events limit their entries to about 50 (up from 40 last year). So waiting in line is not a big deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Hey everyone, in case you haven't read the North Texas S2000 Owner's Club Autocross Rules / Information, here's a link. It's pretty much the same as last year with one important difference:

Points: The club will award points during each of the five autocrosses with a final championship being awarded at the end of the season. The cars will be divided into two classes to provide reasonable competition. The default classes are S2000 Street and S2000 Race. (The only differentiation being R-compound tire choice.)

Classification of other models will be based on attendance. A quota of at least five of a particular model is required for points to be awarded at an event. Tire choice will only be a factor if there are five each of street and race tired cars. In order for a championship to be awarded, at least 75% of the events need to meet the quota.
    [color=darkblue]We no longer have a definite class for both R and non-R Miatas... we now have to meet a quota in order to be awarded any kind of year-end trophy. Boiled down it means we have to have a minimum of 5 Miatas in a class at 4 of the 5 events in order to qualify. So much for special treatment for their friends in the Miata crowd.
    Kestrel, before you get your lederhosen in a wad, you should be aware that the section of the rules you quoted are identical to last season's rules. Only difference is that last year they chose not to enforce it, because Miatas were always the second largest single make of car at any of their events. Whether they'll enforce it this year remains to be seen, but I'd wager that they'll continue with the status quo, with an average of over 9 Miatas per event last season.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Kestrel, before you get your lederhosen in a wad, you should be aware that the section of the rules you quoted are identical to last season's rules. Only difference is that last year they chose not to enforce it, because Miatas were always the second largest single make of car at any of their events. Whether they'll enforce it this year remains to be seen, but I'd wager that they'll continue with the status quo, with an average of over 9 Miatas per event last season.Iain
    Yep Mr. Lederhosen un-wadder... Clovis on the NTS2KOC Forum just confirmed that they have already set up Miata R and Miata "non-R" classes. But I'm guessing it wouldn't have been an issue anyway -- I'll bet we will meet those written requirements anyway! Let the battle begin !

Told ya so!

Iain
    Iain

Yep, Iain's correct. We've always had that rule, and we've always had the Miata specific classes. We just didn't want to have to give away trophies for every other single car that showed up. :)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm registered! See y'all there! :colors:

I am also registered. Is there a max of 40 or 50? Because I am number 46... but it let me register. So, I might see you there, might not.

Max is 50 this year... David was giving the s2000 crowd a hard time about not registering...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast