Thread: Body / Paint Shop Recommendations

Default Body / Paint Shop Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good Body/Paint Shop? I need to get some work done on my OTM (1999 Honda CRV), and I want to get the job done right. I don't need any major body work, but a few trim pieces could stand replacing, and there are the usual small dinks and dents. No holes, no rust.

I used Central Collision before (I think that was their name), and while their results looked great at first, they didn't hold up as well as I would have hoped. So I just thought I'd ask the locals who they've had success with.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Can anyone recommend a good Body/Paint Shop?
    I'm sorry, do I know you? Cheeseboy is alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Frisco Body Shop on Main.
    I know those guys, I borrowed thier car hauler a few times. Good guys, and they take pride in thier work.

If you're looking for quality paint work, I've been amazed by Service King. I'm still trying to find where the new paint starts/old paint stops on the Jetta.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Angry

So is Frisco Body Shop on Main still recomended for body work? Anything closer to Dallas? My rear bumper got scraped by an impatient Lexus.

On a happier note replacing the camshaft positioning sensor seemed to fix the P1345 CEL I was getting.

This thread: http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=5793
    Last edited by Maynerd; 05-18-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Frisco Body shop on Main fer sure.....they fixed my bumper on the Miata after a Lexus SUX whacked it. Can't even tell it's not an original paint job. I have a friend who showed me some of their work 5 years after it was done and it is still perfect.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Wow.. I never new that Lexus and Miata didn't get along.

Funny thing.......I was a passenger in the Lexus when it happened. It felt like a when I heard the crunch
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher
    Funny thing.......I was a passenger in the Lexus when it happened. It felt like a when I heard the crunch
    You hit your wife's Miata with a Lexus?

I bet it was a
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I have an excellent 99-00 silver rear bumper if you are interested.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Thanks, but since it's on the other guys nickel, think I'll just take it into Sewell Lexus near work and get a loaner from them too.

I think they'll have to replace the bumber, it tore the rubber all the way through, you can stick your finger in that hole.

Hey if you want a new bumper make sure you specify you want it replaced, they can fix the bumpers to save a few bucks for the insurance company.

I learned this a few years back on an OTM of mine, I was under the impression it was being replaced but instead they did a 1/2 repair job on my original bumper.

Luckily I noticed it before I signed my name accepting the vehicle, a week later it was done correctly!

Thanks for the info. I don't see how they could fix it, but I'll tell the body shop guy I want a new bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd
    Thanks for the info. I don't see how they could fix it, but I'll tell the body shop guy I want a new bumper.
    Yes they can! My body guy had place in Ft. Worth he used, I'm sure they have them in Dallas also......

http://denttime.com/bumper_repair.htm

Ah, good to know in the event they try to do it in this repair, and also if I need this service when I'm spending my own coin.