Thread: Oh dear...

Default Oh dear...

It appears the Tire Rack may be having a close-out sale on . I'm trying to get more details...

S.

They're out of 15x7.5. I'm trying to see if there's a 16" option that would work. I'm also slightly hesitant about buying a wheel that is being phased out...

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    They're out of 15x7.5. I'm trying to see if there's a 16" option that would work. I'm also slightly hesitant about buying a wheel that is being phased out...

S.
    Not being phased out. They are coming out of bancrupcy... supply should improve... check out the comment in this thread from the Tirerack.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Not being phased out. They are coming out of bancrupcy... supply should improve... check out the comment in this thread from the Tirerack.
    Wrong! From their e-mail:
    The SSR Competition (with a finish style that is produced exclusively for the US market) is being phased out, which explains the "discontinued" This wheel has the anthracite paint finish with a silver machined lip. The replacement is called the Type C (the current JDM version) which will have the same anthracite paint color but no machined lip.

S.

So you are whining over the loss of a machined lip? Perhaps you need my title.

So you are whining over the loss of a machined lip? Perhaps you need my title.
    No, I'm concerned that if a wheel got bent and had to be replaced, you couldn't buy one that matched to replace it. Then you'd have 3 wheels with a machined lip and one without. And that would look silly.

S.

No, I'm concerned that if a wheel got bent and had to be replaced, you couldn't buy one that matched to replace it. Then you'd have 3 wheels with a machined lip and one without. And that would look silly.

S.
    You know it is possible to get a wheel lip machined on your own... I bet there are even a few places in the metroplex with experience in it.

(sounds to me like you enjoy your envy in a twisted sort of way)

You know it is possible to get a wheel lip machined on your own... I bet there are even a few places in the metroplex with experience in it.
    Way too much effort, Sparky! Someday I will have a sparkling set of SSRs for the Mazdaspeed. Until then, damn you Internal Revenue Service!

(please don't audit me)

S.

Way too much effort, Sparky!

(please don't audit me)

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)