Thread: SRS jumper relay

Default SRS jumper relay

Anyone know where to find a jumper harness for my driver side airbag? I am
    looking into replacing the steering wheel, but want to keep it street legal.
    I think I will need a jumper to trick the sensor so the dash doesn't come on for inspection. Any thoughts or comments.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    136 NCSP

As easy as it is to remove the console in the Miata, I'd go the disconnect the warning lamp route...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Wire 3 10-ohm resistors in parallel, hook 'em to the harness, insulate well...

It all depends on the year of car you have... In my '90 racer I ripped out the airbag, light bulb, and the airbag computer/backup power modules.

Gets rid of the stuff and saves weight.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

if its an early one like my 90, just connect the 2 wires together. other than that, you can take out the light like what tail chaser said. what year is it?

TC I hear that the car beeps if you remove the light. I got the nice hub from R-speed I think that connects into the harness and turns the light off.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    TC I hear that the car beeps if you remove the light. I got the nice hub from R-speed I think that connects into the harness and turns the light off.
    Yes... there is a little piezo element in the airbag computer. You can remove the light AND remove the connectors from the airbag computer & backup power supply to get rid of that...

oops i forgot about that buzzer, good info though!

3 10 ohm resistors in parallel worked for me.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

It is a '96. I looking for the route that Majik took. Something that will fix harness issues, because the driver's bag will be removed and disabled at dash
    for passenger's. Looking for the solution that keeps it inspected. If the light is out, do they still give you an inspection sticker?

The buzzer that you speak of, is it tied into the door and ignition buzzer? Because I threw that as far as I could month's ago trying to put in my roll bar.

Majik,
    Is there a specific hub for this application, and does it fit most Sparco or MOMO wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fain
    The buzzer that you speak of, is it tied into the door and ignition buzzer? Because I threw that as far as I could month's ago trying to put in my roll bar.
    Read the post a couple above yours. The buzzer is separate from the ignition one...

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Yes... there is a little piezo element in the airbag computer. You can remove the light AND remove the connectors from the airbag computer & backup power supply to get rid of that...
    That piezo element is the source of the noise. You pull the bulb and it starts making noise. You need to pull the connector from the modules under the dash to get rid of the noise.

RJ