Thread: Plano/Richardson/Garland area shop for custom alignment?

Default Plano/Richardson/Garland area shop for custom alignment?

I need to get the car realigned before the Pro next weekend, since I think I slipped a camber bolt in Houston. Can anyone recommend a shop that will do an alignment to my specs without a hassle in this area? Somewhere that does appointments would be a bonus, since I'll need to do it on my lunch break.

I was thinking Autoscope, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I need to get the car realigned before the Pro next weekend, since I think I slipped a camber bolt in Houston. Can anyone recommend a shop that will do an alignment to my specs without a hassle in this area? Somewhere that does appointments would be a bonus, since I'll need to do it on my lunch break.

I was thinking Autoscope, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Gary knows of a place. Call him.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I would like to know a place other than Autoscope too.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

me 3
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

ok.. I'll call gary for you lazy bastards and post it here. Just a minute...
    ...and across the line.

Voice Mail... I'll post when he calls me back. They are supposed to be reasonable and "Miata friendly".
    ...and across the line.

Weird. I was thinking I needed an alignment because the car had been pulling quite a bit to the left ever since we headed home from the Houston Tour last month.

Tonight I pulled off the stock wheels and Azenis that have been on the car for the past couple of months and remounted my Rota C8s and ES100s. Like magic, the pull disappeared.

I know it wasn't tire pressure, because I had checked the Azenis a couple of times since Houston, and double-checked them again this evening. I also checked the ES100s before remounting them, and all eight tires had the right pressures in them.

Wonder what could be causing the pull on the Azenis? There was no accompanying vibration, and the Azenis had been dismounted and remounted at least once since Houston.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Broken belt?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

The last 5 times I got an alignment, I went to the NTB off Jupiter (or is it Plano?) and Arapaho. There is at least one guy that does a pretty good job, will set it to whatever specs, and let me sit in the car too. Not sure if he still works there but that's what I've been doing. Think his name was Trey or Travis or something...
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

At one time I had been recomended to go here:

http://www.dallasframealign.com/home/

I have not had a chance to go, but I have been told they do great work.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Gary knows of a place. Call him.
    The place in question is in Plano, on Parker Road just west of Custer. It's almost directly behind the huge Race Trac gas station. Not sure of the name, but they have big yeller Pennzoil signs out front...

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer
    The place in question is in Plano, on Parker Road just west of Custer. It's almost directly behind the huge Race Trac gas station. Not sure of the name, but they have big yeller Pennzoil signs out front...
    Yeah... The reason why I didn't respond is because the "cool" tech that was there is gone and Gary said he can't recommend his replacement. Evidently, Flyin96M (Justin) had some problems there recently.
    ...and across the line.

Default alignment

is the alignment still needed or has the tires fixed your problem?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I had alignment done to the Lanny's (sp) spec from Miata.net at Garland Safety Lane by Paul Edison. Paul and his dad owns the shop and they do great suspension work, just don't let the other techs touch your car!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    is the alignment still needed or has the tires fixed your problem?
    Wrong thread.

5th gear motorports on 407 in Highland Village. I'm buddies with the owner and his son. When you see the cup cars, carerra gt, and slew of track prepped cars, you'll understand why I recommended them. Every tech in that shop has years of experience with factory service, and years of tracking exotics.

Make sure and check out thier 1st gen talon with the 6-piston porsche calipers, cobra rotors, and black cobra wheels.