Thread: Water Restrictions

Default Water Restrictions

This is B.S!

Under the Stage 3 regulations, outdoor watering will not be allowed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. and customers will be able to use sprinkler systems and irrigation systems only once a week (on trash days). Customers will have to stop hosing paved areas, buildings and windows, using ornamental fountains and using a hose to wash vehicles. Watering with a handheld hose or soaker hose is allowed – except for between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
    So basicly I can't wash my vehicles until ???? Don't care about my lawn but dammit, My cars need to be washed and those Carwash places are a rip off and dangerous to the paint.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Pull the car in the yard and water your grass with a hose!

I guess you'll have to come wash your car at my house... Plano's ordinance doesn't prohibit car washing. Fortunately. It's my only vice now. And I don't seem to partake of it very often. <sigh>
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    So basicly I can't wash my vehicles until ????
    Man... you FedEx guys sure don't think outside the box (pun intended)...

It says you can't use a hose to wash your car. Are you going to tell me you can't think of a way to wash your car without the hose? I have several ideas I plan to implement after June 1.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Our well pump burned up over the weekend. Turns out it burned up because the water level has dropped 40 feet in the well. New pump and lowered it another 30 feet. If it happens again they will have to drill a new well. From what the well man said it sounds like there really is water shortage. Several other wells in the area have had the same problem. He said it was worse he had seen in 40 years.

But yea I like to wash the car too.

City of Dallas is only requiring no watering between 10am and 6pm starting tomorrow. Everything else is fair game.

No restrictions here so far I do think I may pull the cars on the lawn to water, why waste it. The MPV is too heavy though, it'll keep getting washed in the driveway. Why do I own 2 black cars?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Well Denton joined the band wagon too. No watering between 10 and 6. I don't water during those times anyway, unless Soren is playing in the sprinkler.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

and on the 9th day, after god made the miata on day 8, he made back yards, and it was good. Btw, by god I mean Satan.

Well of course you cannot wash your car! That is so much easier than enforcing the water restrictions upon all local businesses and government buildings whose automatic sprinkler systems regularly water the parched pavement at ingenious hours, such as 5pm like the place that misted me as I crept by during rush hour!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...