Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Maverick Region Event #4 - 6/11/06, Pennington Field

Ahhh, thanks. Someone told me they thought you were on street tires, which really threw me. I will just go with better street tires for now, but I will eventually move to R-compound.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I use KYB AGX shocks, a Flyin' Miata 1" front swaybar... and the rest of the car is stock.
    Don't you also have the upgraded swaybar mounts? I was thinking you were one of those folks that ripped the stock ones apart...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Don't you also have the upgraded swaybar mounts? I was thinking you were one of those folks that ripped the stock ones apart...
    The question is, would he admit to it? I don't think they are stock legal. FWIW I think that the upgraded mounts are a good investment in an R comp miata w/front bar that gets plenty of track time.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    The question is, would he admit to it? I don't think they are stock legal. FWIW I think that the upgraded mounts are a good investment in an R comp miata w/front bar that gets plenty of track time.
    He will happily admit to it, since the kind folks at SCCA understand "bad design" and were sweet enough to declare the mounts part of the swaybar, and thus, stock legal. Now... stop thinking and pour me some coffee!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Now... stop thinking and pour me some coffee!
    I don't care who ya are that's just funny!

As TC said, I'll happily admit to it. There is nothing illegal about my swaybar mounts. Heck, I even bought a new set of radiator mounts and an angle grinder and hacked up the Mazdacomp swaybar mounts for clearance to make certain they are legal.

Raymond, I've replaced a lot of the original equipment on the car - swaybar mounts, rotors, shocks, bumpstops, steering rack, tie rods, upper control arms, clutch, and even the engine, to make sure that the car was working optimally. However, none of those part replacements are performance enhancements in my mind, since they don't make the car perform any better than a completely stock one in unblemished condition would. The Mazdacomp mounts don't do any more for performance than the OEM mounts are designed to do. They just don't happen to break nearly as often.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Now... stop thinking and pour me some coffee!
    Come to the Starbucks in Target in Sherman between the hours of 8:45am and 5:15pm tomorrow and I would be happy to make you some coffee. I didn't know they had been declared legal, and thats why I said "I don't think," not "I know." I might buy a new front bar now, because that was my main concern. (One day I might have the $$ to run R-comps).
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Yes, I know you've replaced a lot of parts... there are a lot of n00bs (pronounced newbies) on the board that aren't aware of issues with swaybar mounts when putting on beefy front bars.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Come to the Starbucks in Target in Sherman between the hours of 8:45am and 5:15pm tomorrow and I would be happy to make you some coffee.
    I think I will just go to the one two stores down from where I work, when I feel like it. The girl that works there is much cuter than you, and since I am taking her out Thurs, maybe I can get some free coffee.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    since I am taking her out Thurs, maybe I can get some free coffee.
    Is that what you kids are calling it now?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Is that what you kids are calling it now?
    No we still call it wrecking that chick.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I think I will just go to the one two stores down from where I work, when I feel like it. The girl that works there is much cuter than you, and since I am taking her out Thurs, maybe I can get some free coffee.
    PLEASE don't use the Stewie Griffin line on her!!!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

The girl that works there is much cuter than you,
    I hope she is cuter than me. And good luck with that free coffee, or whatever you kids are calling it these days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12