Thread: Ennis 1/4 track

Default Ennis 1/4 track

Summer 2006 Race Wars June 23rd this month in Ennis.

Who: You
    What: 1/4 mile drag track
    When: 6-23-06 @ 8PM- 11:45PM
    Where: Texas Motorplex Ennis, TX
    Why: To race or watch races

Racer Entry........$15 (Must Wear Long Pants! No shorts!)
    Spectator Entry....$10

http://www.texasmotorplex.com

11:45 PM and its a Friday so leave around 7 pm to get their at the opening.
    Make sure you remove all excess crap from your car, bring some tools, and drive on as little gas possible to get the best times and an air pressure gauge.

Eastside guys can meet up on 75, outside in the parking lot of Hooters at 6-6:30PM leave at 7PM sharp and caravan down 75 to I45 to Ennis. Westside guys can meet at 20 and Green Oaks Hooters at 6PM and leave at 7PM and caravan down.
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Hmmm...I would be interested if I had the cash.

Not too terribly interested in quarter mile racing, but always thought it would be fun to give it a try sometime. If we do one of these later this summer when I have at least done a few autocrosses first, then I would be probably be in.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

i just wanna get a time slip and see what my car acutally makes... then later i can compare my own times, so on...
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Bam?

its this coming Friday, anyone interested?

Mild interest, but Friday night isn't so good for me.

Be prepared for a lot of waiting.... and I do mean a lot. I've waited something like an hour and a half between runs before on these street night deals. I think the most runs I ever got in was 5, and that was when I got there at opening and left just before closing.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

5 runs? whoa i didn't think of that one... then i'll be glad if i get 4 runs cause i already got some bets going on here, lol...

Titus - sorry its not a good time for you, i really would have luved seeing a supercharged miata smoking some cars out there, maybe Denton 1/8th would be more in the area for a future event.

the miata that could...

(dates are wrong on the pics)

i got low 16's... almost a flat one!
    Last edited by Mouglie; 06-24-2006 at 03:19 AM.

how many runs did you get?

i got 3 runs but i could have easily taken more, about 6 or more... i was just driving around looking for good matches... had fun though... saw two integras with parachutes on the back running low 11's...