Thread: cheap alignments

Default cheap alignments

There is a guy working for some dealership advertising alignments for $25.
    A bit more if your car is lowered but that is the going rate for stockers... I won't post it up here but PM for contact info.
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Moving this to Miata Tech.

Why will you not post the information on this guy??

"cheap" and "alignment" should not be used in the same sentence...

info is personal on a public forum... PM'd phone # to those interested... good luck..
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Default align

well i heard someone got an alignment today...
    green w/ hardtop and coilovers?

any noticeable difference?

We couldn't get the top bolt loose on the front to adjust camber so I have -1.2 on one side, +.4 on the other. Aside from that everything else is where I wanted it. Kinda frustrating though, but nothing he could have done about it. I'm going to work on that bolt with some penetrating oil and a blow torch if necessary, then get back for the rest of the allignment. I wasn't very social, and probably seemed kinda cranky since I'm getting over food poisoning, so let him know I'm sorry if I sounded curt.

With a little toe in for the rear, the car is much more predictable under braking, and no more "jdm type-r" drifting out of corners.

yah he called me and said it was a b to get your camber aligned.

when i had mine done i went there a week later to get my steering wheel aligned (i was being anal) and he still did it... I'm sure he didn't see you as a mean person, he mentioned doing an alignment on some relative of yours... cool, two alignments in a row....

The place I usually go for alignments, Dallas Frame & Alignment near Harry Hines, is a Monday-Friday operation, which makes getting there a pain for me. Does your person work weekends, perchance?

I got some yummies in the mail last week, and an alignment would be good after install.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

I'm not sure what his schedule looks like but i'm sure
    he would do it if you let him know ahead of time...

i might go there either this sat or sun if he works those days...

someone else just got their alignment this Monday...
    how was it, i heard you guys almost made your own
    autoX at some parking lot, lol...

Engine Builder

It was alright, but I didn't end up with the exact numbers I wanted. I ended up with -1.9 degrees rear camber, but wanted -1.7. He said -1.9 was as close as he could get.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanAg08
    It was alright, but I didn't end up with the exact numbers I wanted. I ended up with -1.9 degrees rear camber, but wanted -1.7. He said -1.9 was as close as he could get.
    That's strange. What toe did you get in the rear? Are both sides at -1.9 camber? If the cam bolts are maxxed out, something is bent.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

have you been curb-checking lately?

Go back and see if they still dial in with the same readings...

Engine Builder

I thought it was very odd, because it started out with less camber than that. I don't know why he couldn't get less from it. Toe was set at just a hair over 0 IN, front and rear.