Thread: Flight Museum

Default Flight Museum

I know that the great folks at MME had their day at the Flight Museum recently. If anyone missed out on that one and would still like to get a picture of their car and the P-51 Mustang, here's your chance. The Lone Star Miata Club is going on July 22 and you're welcome to join us.

Boyd Davis
    Instructor Apex Driving Academy
    04' Velocity Red MSM, AutoMeter Guages, Custom Hard Dog roll bar, MazdaSpeed 4 point belts. Also have a 94M.

Boyd,
    Do you have an address for the museum (for directions)?

I might take you up on the invite..

Thanks.
    SA

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce
    Do you have an address for the museum (for directions)?
    This is the place...

http://www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com/

It is a cool deal we did it last year! :afro:

Details? Is it free? Cost?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    http://www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    The museum donation is $10. The posts on the Lonestar board indicate they probably want you to pay them for membership if you're going to have your picture taken.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    The posts on the Lonestar board indicate they probably want you to pay them for membership if you're going to have your picture taken.

I'll just wait then.
    ...and across the line.

Haha no way, I work at a hangar like 7 ramps away from the museum at the airport.

I'm sure the guys there will pull a plane out if alot of us come and ask nicely~ if not then Adrew Jackson might be able to talk them into it.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Default Nope !

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    The museum donation is $10. The posts on the Lonestar board indicate they probably want you to pay them for membership if you're going to have your picture taken.
    No membership required. See my post on our web site here:

http://www.lonestarmiata.net/lsmc/viewtopic.php?t=246

I suggested that non-LSMC members throw a couple of bucks in the kitty. All the photos taken will be burned to CD's and it's just to help with the cost.

I'm also a member of the SVT Club of North Texas and we did this a couple of years ago. The photos of our cars with the P-51 as a backdrop are nothing less than stellar. Just opening up the opportunity to let everyone possible have a shot at one of their own. After the shoot we plan to grab a bite and make short run. You're welcome to join us. Heck, If you drive a Miata you can't be all that bad
    Last edited by wskier; 06-29-2006 at 07:27 AM.
    04' Velocity Red MSM, AutoMeter Guages, Custom Hard Dog roll bar, MazdaSpeed 4 point belts. Also have a 94M.

Quote Originally Posted by wskier
    No membership required. See my post on our web site here:

http://www.lonestarmiata.net/lsmc/viewtopic.php?t=246

I suggested that non-LSMC members throw a couple of bucks in the kitty. All the photos taken will be burned to CD's and it's just to help with the cost.

I'm also a member of the SVT Club of North Texas and we did this a couple of years ago. The photos of our cars with the P-51 as a backdrop are nothing less than stellar. Just opening up the opportunity to let everyone possible have a shot at one of their own. After the shoot we plan to grab a bite and make short run. Your welcome to join us. Heck, If you drive a Miata you can't be all that bad
    I'll pencil it in.
    ...and across the line.

Default The Rude way

Hey guys, I coordinated the MME picture shoot at the museum and am likewise doing the tour and coordinating this one for Lone Star. Boyd and I have been working on this for about three months now. I was on vacation for two weeks in Florida, returned two days, and just got back from Indy. Working with Boyd at Lone Star has been great but he did have a week or so wait on me to finalize things during those two days. But I had fun!

First, the MME was a great bunch but we had to change our museum policy afterwards. Nothing we did wrong but just doing what is best for the museum. I had toyed this idea around for a few months and then we tried it with a motorcycle club and then the MME. It seemed like a good opportunity to continue on. We thought the discount entry, group shot free, and a donation for separate shots was fair and worth it. Heck, it's worth it to me and I'm a volunteer there.

You have to remember that the P-51 is valued at around two and a half mill now and when it is moved it is for a reason and there is risk involved. You add more risk when you start moving cars around her. Chad, sorry but you won't get the museum to move her out for just grins

We want and appreciate car clubs and think it is a great idea. But the museum is there to stay in business. The director and I sat down and came up with what we thought was fair to all and would give a once in a lifetime opportunity to the clubs and cars involved. We also have another program if a club wants to host a car show at the museum.

I hope those of you who missed "Miata's in Flight" with MME will take this opportunity and come on out. Just let Boyd at Lone Star know in advance so we can plan it out to work the best for all. Maybe you just want another chance or to use another car/motorcycle?

Peace, RD.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

So who is going? I'm planning on being there as I missed it last year. My darn wedding got in the way.
    ...and across the line.

anyone with an 01 LS, green with tan top?
    take a pic with the nice plane and i'll pretend it was my car...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Default Quick Overview

We'll start the day at 9:00 at the Cavanaugh Flight museum at the Addison airport. The address is 4572 Claire Chennault, Dallas. We'll start with a tour of the museum, followed by a brief meeting and the club group photo shoot with the P-52 Mustang as a backdrop. Individual car photos follow. That should get us the to noon hour and a quick trip North to Cruiser's in Frisco for lunch. Cruiser's is a restaurant with a car theme (including some hardware). After lunch we'll head up toward McKinney for a run that well take us to points north and west. The run will terminate at the Chuck's in Grapevine. The SVT Club of North Texas is hosting car shine n' show in the parking lot. It gets going at about 6:00 any everyone is welcome to stay if they want. For those still in the hunt we may make a run to the local Sonic later. See you there.

Suspension Modder

Talking

I know this is short notice but me and my wife will be joining in. She wants to bring her RX-8. So we can get pics of both of them with the mustang.

Later
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt586
    I know this is short notice but me and my wife will be joining in. She wants to bring her RX-8. So we can get pics of both of them with the mustang.

Later
    Matt
    Ya may want to contact someone from Lone Star this is not an MME event.

Your best bet may be wskier.

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Ya may want to contact someone from Lone Star this is not an MME event.

Your best bet may be wskier.

Will do. I tried to join Lonestar's board, but SBC is blocking any email from them for some reason.

Ta Da!!!!

Thanks to LSMC for a good time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...and across the line.

Great Picture!!!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica