Thread: Bugatti Veyron Faster Than Liter Sportbike

Default Bugatti Veyron Faster Than Liter Sportbike

Linkie.

Britain's Autocar magazine recently gathered a formidable roster of supercars (and one of the greatest sportbikes ever produced) for its annual 0-100-0 showdown.

The winner of the gathering was the Bugatti Veyron, which continues to walk the walk like no supercar before it. Consider the breakdown of the Veyron's performance:

0-60: 2.8 seconds (!)
    0-100: 5.5 seconds (double-!)
    By the time the car came to a stop, 9.9 seconds had elapsed.

The Suzuki GSXR-1000 came in second.

S.

Hmmm sounds like they need to look a little closer to their own home and look at the Ultima GTR (made in Britain)... they are claiming a 0-100-0 time of 9.4 seconds...

LINKIE

It's worth watching the videos....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    0-100-0 time of 9.4 seconds
    I can't even bring myself to view the video... The numbers alone make me want to throw up.

Hmmm sounds like they need to look a little closer to their own home and look at the Ultima GTR (made in Britain)... they are claiming a 0-100-0 time of 9.4 seconds...

LINKIE

It's worth watching the videos....
    WOW!!!

That's impressive.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Then why wasn't the Ultima included in the test? I doubt it's because they weren't invited.

With the same driver, same track, same day, the Bugatti was champ. If Ultima can top them, then they should start showing up to the car magazines' parties.

Bugatti Veyron 9.90

Suzuki GSX-R1000 10.70

Ariel Atom S'Charged 11.00

Ariel Atom 450 11.05

Atom Private Owned 11.05

Caterham CSR260 11.95

Brooke Double R 12.50

Porsche 911 Turbo 12.50

Ford Focus WRC 13.57

Lambo Gallardo 13.65

Ascari KZ1 13.80

Corvette Z06 13.80

S.

too bad the veyron looks so goofy. im sorry- it is an amazing piece of engineering- but that car is fugly.

I have been a fan of the Ultima when I fist saw it about 4 years ago. Maybe they were looking at production cars. The Ultima is a kit car. Granted some of the cars on the list are pretty hevily modified but they did roll off a production line on wheels and not in boxes. If they didn't include the Ultima, it can be reasined that they wouldn't want to include Michel S piloting a Ferrari F1 car either. I am suprized they included a WRC car, but they could have picked someting better like even a 206.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux
    The Ultima is a kit car.
    I thought the Ultima was sold as a complete car in GB (and Europe?), but maybe not. I was under the impression that it is only a kit car in the US in order to avoid DOT and EPA certification.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512
    I thought the Ultima was sold as a complete car in GB (and Europe?), but maybe not. I was under the impression that it is only a kit car in the US in order to avoid DOT and EPA certification.
    You can buy it either way (in either place)... their price for fully assembled is around $85K or you can buy the parts to assemble it yourself for around $50K (varies widely based on options and engine/transmission)
    Last edited by Dave04; 06-29-2006 at 09:20 PM.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

... or you can buy the parts to assemble it yourself for around $50 (varies widely based on options and engine/transmission)
    $50!!!! Fuckin' sweet! Check's in the mail!!!!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Have no idea what you are talking about

::Cartman: "Screw you guys... I'm going... HOME!"
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Have no idea what you are talking about

::Cartman: "Screw you guys... I'm going... HOME!"

Anyways, I love the Ultima too but I consider it a track car more than a street car. Kind of like the Radicals. You can get the Ultima in either coupe or open Le Mans style protype version!

I actually like the looks of the Veyron! It's certianly different.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    I actually like the looks of the Veyron! It's certianly different.
    I sort of agree! At least it's not a Ferrari or Lamborghini clone. To me, it's an unbeautiful car with some beautiful detailing...

S.