Thread: Picked my car up today!!!

Default Picked my car up today!!!

The body panels were near perfect when I got there. Pointed out the lone panel fitment issue (it was off by less than a 1/4" in one corner) and it took 5 minutes to fix, looks perfect now. Just a very minor thing that was overlooked, wasn't a big deal.

I also received a copy of the alignment specs; they're *ok*, not perfect like what a good alignment shop would do, but close enough right to left to get me by for a little while. I was glad to see the specs as close as they were I don't think they would have been too happy with me if I had asked them to re-align it perfectly

I am extremely pleased with their work, and very glad that I don't have "the spot" that one can almost always see after a wreck.

Oh yeah, I got a free debadge out of the deal too They had to take them off anyways, so I had asked them to leave them off and put the ones they ordered in the car somewhere. Now I have a set of emblems to possibly eBay.

*Reason for the debadge is that I will be going to UTA in the fall (also pretty much living there, shooting for a 4.0 in ME). I don't want some stupid jealous fanboi taking them off for me and leaving me a nice scratch in their place.

Just in time for my gf and I to take off to Florida for a week. We're going a day early to watch the shuttle launch
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Some pics:

Before the debadge:

After:

The quality sucks (phone cam), but you get the general idea. Its very difficult to find any signs of the wreck
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Nice Adam!

Do you realize you edited out your license plate in one photo but not the other?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

looks great! but after all that effor and you still have the dealer liscence plate surround too... Why??
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Nice Adam!

Do you realize you edited out your license plate in one photo but not the other?
    The unedited is in a private folder on my website. The edited version is also there, but I linked to it on MySpace (a much more public site than this). I don't think anybody here would do much w/ the plate, but MySpace is a little more accessible for people that tend to do stuff.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    looks great! but after all that effor and you still have the dealer liscence plate surround too... Why??
    I got my car at 5:30 last night, drove home and did stuff around there, and took a hydrocodone that knocked me out. I got to work and figured I'd snap a few pics w/ my phone before I came in the building. The surround will be coming off eventually, but it looks ugly w/o one on there. The dealerships sell "special" surrounds that are chrome w/ Type-S on them, but that would be against the whole idea behind the debadge. I'm trying to find one that just has "Acura" on there, or maybe nothing at all.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I think you should get this one (but in red, of course)

LINKIE
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I just did a little smoke gray cover on mine, no border. I might have bought it from David McDavid but I'm not getting paid for driving around in billboard. This ain't NASCAR.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I just got in after putting about 2800 miles on it. 30-31mpg the whole time, now I have to change the oil and get a new air filter/CAI I am so glad that we had the RSX and not my gf's car (a Rodeo).
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge