Thread: My OTM project

Default My OTM project

Ok after sitting in storage for ten years I finally am ready to build my sleeper Supra. The first car I ever bought was an 83 Supra and I could never bring myself to sell it. Long story short I am transplanting a 7MGTE out of a newer Supra into my 83. I was able to find a good donor with a fresh rebuilt motor and a turbo upgrade. Along with the hp increase I'll be adding a four wheel Willwood big brake upgrade and a few suspension mods. I plan on making this my daily driver Just had to share thanks guys.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Very nice!

Just find some nicer wheels than those things came with back in '83... I'm partial to "vintage" Supras myself, so I look forward to seeing your finished product.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

You'll have to bring it out to a Wednesday night gathering. I'd love to see it! Wish I had my first car.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

hmmm, sleeper supra, sweet...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Never seen a "Sleeper" Supra.... if you need help with the 7M engine, check out Wasabi Motorsports in Garland. A friend of mine named Christian there is an absolute GENIUS with the 3rd gen engines... I took mine to him and came away happy :)
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

My mom had the Celica with the funky front end. I leaned to drive in that car, always wanted the Supra!

Stock wheels are going bye bye since the big brake kit won't fit under anything smaller than a 16" wheel. I haven't decided on which wheels I'm getting yet, but the choices are limited due to bolt pattern and offset. I do know that the fronts will be 245's and the rears will be 275's.

I say sleeper Supra because it is an 83 with 145hp from the factory and the motor I bought has dyno'd at 320hp and 320trq at the wheels

I'll bring it out, but it won't be till Fall till this thing is ready for the street.
    Last edited by Flyin96M; 07-09-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Awesome Justin! That's gonna be fun, can't wait for a ride.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Sounds sweet! I always loved the look of the 2nd gen Supra.

Since finding proper wheels is oging to be difficult, might I suggest a set of custom built CCW Classics? A set of 16" or 17" wheels with flat black centers and deep lips would look sharp on an old Supra.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw