Thread: Hard-to-fill TSB

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Hard-to-fill TSB

My car ('99) supposedly has had the hard-to-fill service bulletin done to it. When I put gas in it, if I don't put it in very slowly (and I mean very), the pump will click off.
    Does anyone know how to verify if the fix was really done to it? I know there's a valve that gets replaced somewhere between the gas cap and tank, but that's all I know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    My car ('99) supposedly has had the hard-to-fill service bulletin done to it. When I put gas in it, if I don't put it in very slowly (and I mean very), the pump will click off.
    Does anyone know how to verify if the fix was really done to it? I know there's a valve that gets replaced somewhere between the gas cap and tank, but that's all I know about it.
    It's a pain in the ass, but you could theoretically check it. I know mine has the new valve as I watched it being put in. Didn't make a bit of difference. Where I buy gas makes a lot of difference.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    It's a pain in the ass, but you could theoretically check it. I know mine has the new valve as I watched it being put in. Didn't make a bit of difference. Where I buy gas makes a lot of difference.
    Thought the newer Miatas like yours fall under this TSB???

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Thought the newer Miatas like yours fall under this TSB???
    Which probably explains why the valve replacement didn't do much... Hmm... I shouldn't be surpirsed given where that quality piece of warranty repair was done...
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Which probably explains why the valve replacement didn't do much... Hmm... I shouldn't be surpirsed given where that quality piece of warranty repair was done...
    And let me guess... the warranty ran out just a couple months ago.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    And let me guess... the warranty ran out just a couple months ago.
    TSB's are good for the life of the car. No warranty limits.

TSB's are good for the life of the car. No warranty limits.
    That's not what that one says... You must be thinking of your Bimmer...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

That's not what that one says... You must be thinking of your Bimmer...
    No, I'm thinking of the little girlie cars.. Are you sure they expire? I thought TSB's were like recalls and the manufacturer is responsible to do the work regardless.

No, I'm thinking of the little girlie cars.. Are you sure they expire? I thought TSB's were like recalls and the manufacturer is responsible to do the work regardless.
    I may depend on the TSB, you'll notice on the one for the newer cars it states.
    This information applies to verified customer complains on vehicles covered under normal warranty. Refer to the SRT microfiche for warranty term information.
    Yours doesn't say anything on about a time line.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

So, where do I find the SRT Microfiche?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    So, where do I find the SRT Microfiche?
    You can by it from Mazda I'm sure or your gal at Hiley should have access to it.