Thread: Highlighted Text?

Default Highlighted Text?

I've noticed on several forums that certain key words will be highlighted and provide links to ads. Intellitext is one culprit. This sight has ads by google. Anyone know how to remove these?
    Last edited by black roadster; 07-15-2006 at 05:45 AM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    This sight has ads by google. Anyone know how to remove these?
    Don't think you can. Just don't click on them.

its like keywords that will highlight... don't know much on them though... but click on them!!!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

AdBlock, an extension for Firefox, takes care of Google Ads pretty well. There are some Firefox plugins that will similarly eliminate the Intellitext ads if you so desire, but I have not tried them to vouch for them.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

The Intellitxt from Miata.net can be turned off. I turned mine off, and therefore can see no sign of it to figure out how i turned it off, but from what I remember:

1) Hover your mouse over an Intellitxt link to get the little pop-up bubble.

2) There is a link in the pop-up bubble that says "Intellitxt ?"... click it.

3) A window will open with information about Intellitxt.

4) A ways down the page there is a link that allows you to disable intellitxt. NOTE: They are disabled via a cookie... delete your cookies and they come back, so you will need to rinse and repeat.

Hey Tailchaser can we get Intellitxt here at MME?? Might be easier than doing the MME Supporter stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey Tailchaser can we get Intellitxt here at MME?? Might be easier than doing the MME Supporter stuff.
    I'd rather pay.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I think the problem is it is still a pay per-click type of thing, and it will bring in no money if we all disable it. Miata.net relies on the fact that they attract a lot of idiots that don't know any better then to click on everything that glows. Those types don't tend to last long here.