Thread: Would you buy this Volvo?

Default Would you buy this Volvo?

These are official production photos of the upcoming Volvo C30. I love the looks. The only remaining quesiton is how well it drives.

S.

It looks nice, and it may drive nice, but what does it weight and how much will it cost? I suspect that while a nice car, there would be more than one better choice in the same price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    It looks nice, and it may drive nice, but what does it weight and how much will it cost? I suspect that while a nice car, there would be more than one better choice in the same price range.
    Well, it's likely to be slightly sportier than the S40 upon which it's based. That means pricing of $24-$30k, with the top engine being a turbo inline-5 with 218hp and 238 lb/ft of torque. That car lives on the sportier side of the sedan spectrum, but isn't a fire breather.

The C30's main competition will be the new 2007 Mini Cooper and the GTI, both of which are likely to handle better (although neither should be appreciably faster). But lots of buyers don't buy for handling alone, and the Volvo's combination of great looks, legendary safety engineering, and a rather sophisticated interior will make it a compelling choice for plenty of buyers.

S.

I suspect that if I was looking for soemthing in this area, I would cross shop Mini, GTI, A3, and MS3, and I would end up saving money by going with the MS3 unless one of the other really blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I suspect that if I was looking for soemthing in this area, I would cross shop Mini, GTI, A3, and MS3, and I would end up saving money by going with the MS3 unless one of the other really blew me away.
    That sounds about right. Other interesting cars to consider in broadly the same class would be the Civic Si and the upcoming Caliber SRT-4 with 300hp.

If BMW ever brings the 265hp 130i Sport over here, I will be selling the MSM and buying one.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    That sounds about right. Other interesting cars to consider in broadly the same class would be the Civic Si and the upcoming Caliber SRT-4 with 300hp.
    Nope... not for me... I've owned an Integra and a Civic in the past, and wile I really enjoyed them both, I have a feeling of been there done that about them. The Caliber will never grace my garage as it is just too ugly in person. It is homely in pictures, but the few I have seen on the street were Aztec ugly.