Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ER Event #5 - Sunday 7-30-06 - Pennington Field

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Well said young Houstonian
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Back on track - since there are some noobs here, I'll mention the breakfast ritual.

Einstein Bro's Bagels across the street in the shopping center. They are open at 7:00. I plan to be there.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Back on track - since there are some noobs here, I'll mention the breakfast ritual.

Einstein Bro's Bagels across the street in the shopping center. They are open at 7:00. I plan to be there.
    I'll be there! Haven't been to Einstein's since I was in ATL. Obviously I don't get out much... I live in Mansfield.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Engine Builder

Hal, I'll try to be there as well. I'd like to get to know more people, and get a chance to help out extra as well.

I'll be there. See you at Einstein's.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

+1
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Engine Builder

Is this the Einstein's just off 183, or down Central? I'm not familiar with the area, and only one comes up when I search google maps, right at the corner of 183 and Central.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanAg08
    Is this the Einstein's just off 183, or down Central? I'm not familiar with the area, and only one comes up when I search google maps, right at the corner of 183 and Central.
    That is it!!! SE corner of 183 & Central.
    Look for the silver ladder . . .

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I woke up early enough and decided to attend. Not a huge turnout for this one (that's a good thing in this heat). Event ran smooth and we were done before 3pm. Fun course with just enough challenge IMHO. Nice to see the usual suspects.

Congrats to POS for winning CS. Congrats to me for winning Street Tire and Robert J. for taking second. Miatamoto squeaked out a victory against Mark52 in CSP.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I woke up early enough and decided to attend. Not a huge turnout for this one (that's a good thing in this heat). Event ran smooth and we were done before 3pm. Fun course with just enough challenge IMHO. Nice to see the usual suspects.

Congrats to POS for winning CS. Congrats to me for winning Street Tire and Robert J. for taking second. Miatamoto squeaked out a victory against Mark52 in CSP.
    Sounds like a good event, it was hot today!

Engine Builder

It was good to see you guys again, and meet more of you. I enjoyed it, and I feel like I did a lot better than last weekend. My last run was my fastest, so I must be doing something right . It probably helps that Hal took all of his extra weight out after he rode with me the first time. That ladder seemed kinda heavy.

It was good to see you guys again, and meet more of you. I enjoyed it, and I feel like I did a lot better than last weekend. My last run was my fastest, so I must be doing something right . It probably helps that Hal took all of his extra weight out after he rode with me the first time. That ladder seemed kinda heavy.
    Hey you, kid! Back to Austin!

Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Hey you, kid! Back to Austin!

On my way, sir!

It was a fun event today. I haven't run a course at Pennington in a long time. I had some problems with my setup, the car was pushing badly and just wouldn't rotate for me. I really wish I would have had my rear sway bar in.

I messed around with the tire pressures and shocks settings in the afternoon and managed to drop .3 secs on each run (1 cone on the last run though).

tmanAg08, good to meet you today. Hopefully you can make it out to the S2K event next month before you go back to school.

Video coming soon.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Thanks for the link!

I have a (somewhat) related question. How long should I keep running Novice class? I've done two events so far, for a total of 9 runs. My times are still far slower than comparable Miatas, which I'm ok with, and I realize it'll be that way for awhile. However, is there some guideling as to when I should switch to Tire class?

How long should I keep running Novice class?
    I'd say for as long as you're comfortable... but then again, I haven't raced in a long time.

Thanks for the link!

I have a (somewhat) related question. How long should I keep running Novice class? I've done two events so far, for a total of 9 runs. My times are still far slower than comparable Miatas, which I'm ok with, and I realize it'll be that way for awhile. However, is there some guideling as to when I should switch to Tire class?
    You can stay a novice as long as you want. If you win the year end trophy, though, I think you have to go to a different class. I think.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I'd say for as long as you're comfortable... but then again, I haven't raced in a long time.
    Or read the rule book .
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Rules on-line
    3. A driver may compete in Novice class until he/she has won six Challenge Cup trophies at which time they should move to the regular Challenge Cup classes the following season.
    It was nice meeting ya tmanAg08!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast