Thread: NTS2KOC #3 August 12th 2006 - Mineral Wells

Tailchaser Silverstone 2005 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Are you going Titus??

*Note to self pack rain gear.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Are you going Titus??

Yes... lets hope I bring a little rain to cool things down, as I hear it will be a little warm.

Are you going Titus??

I may have to go just to see this!

Just don't ask me how I'll get there...

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Well, now... there's a smashing idea...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Are you going Titus??

Forecast just changed.

Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. South southeast wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 95. South wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Engine Builder

Doesn't look like I'll be there, guys . I've got a lot of stuff to wrap up before I leave Dallas next week to go back to school. I'll probably come up sometime this fall for a weekend when there's an autocross in DFW.

It was good meeting all of you, and I appreciate the tips, rides, etc. Thomas, if you ever want to sell that rollbar, let me know . Hal, I'll try to remember the ladder next time .

Good to meet you tman! Keep up the autocrossing, seat time is the best for getting faster.

See you guys at McDs!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Later, tman. Look forward to seeing you again in the future at a race.

That was a fun day! Thomas, thanks for the instruction... If I get enough of you guys to ride along with me, one of these days I may actually be able to put in a time that is worthy of my car. Jon and Iain... you guys missed out. Sorry about the rain.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Great fun. I enjoyed meeting some of you for the first time, and the rest of you again. A heart felt thanks to Titus for a reason to wear my nice yellow rain jacket. But, I was much happier driving in the dry.

My best time was 86.882 sec. Now I know I really need to change my brake fluid and brake pads. My brakes were BAD!
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Wheeeee! I had fun! It was nice driving other folks' cars today. And a pleasant reminder of what I like about my car.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

It was a fun course and a fun day... except for waiting in the rain in the morning. Good times.

Now about next weekend. Lessee, BMW Club on Saturday or SCCA on Sunday? Both at the MineralRing. If I only go to one, it will probably be the SCCA race.

That was a really fun course. It wasnt very technical, but that is fine by me. The S2k guys are good about getting it to rain too, and that always adds an element of excitement. I should really autoX more often, its fun.

I had a great time yesterday, minus the rain. It's always a good learning experience, but my heavy right foot always seems to get the best of me.

Majik, another epic battle at this event. I can't wait for the next one!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I really enjoy driving on wet tracks, but it is standing in the rain that I hate. Actually, if had just brought my Secrets of Solo Racing book to read, I could have just sat in my car during the rain and been very content. Thanks to Tailchaser for bringing a roof for the rain. It was nice to see you again.

It was great to meet Titus, too.

Good to see cone-cerned driving a Miata.

Later,
    Jerrett

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Great course and the morning rain added to the challenge! Nice to see everyone as usual. Thanks to all the 's who bailed or didn't show. Made for a short day.

PS
    Big thanks to Titus...it actually rained at my house yesterday evening!

It was great to see everyone yesterday! The rain reminded me I have to work hard on my car control. I am sure the corner workers hated me when I play bowling with the 6 cones in the morning.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Talking

It was a fun event!

Co-driving with Mr. "look no hands" Onething was a bit unnerving at first but he made steady progress as the day went on.

Always nice to see the lovely and talented Titus as well as the rest of you s !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast