Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thinking about a header....

I just received mine today. I've just got to find some time to install it without the SO knowing. I don't hear complaints about me spending more time and money on my car than on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot
    It fits perfectly, I just dropped my 1.8 into my 93 and bolted the header up. Hope to fire it up Wed :)
    Did you drop a 1.8 into a 93?? Did I miss a thread describing that?

Also, the guy on the phone at Rspeed said the heat shield is cosmetic and pretty much optional. Did u leave that on?

He also said to wipe it down with brake fluid and get it clean before you fire it up and bake on the greasy fingerprints from installation, which will then never come off.... (Probably common knowledge to most here, but I wouldn't have thought of it)
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    He also said to wipe it down with brake fluid and get it clean before you fire it up and bake on the greasy fingerprints from installation, which will then never come off.... (Probably common knowledge to most here, but I wouldn't have thought of it)

That is nice to know. I never thought of that before. I have always either lived with the finger prints or used clean rags when handling a new header.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot
    It fits perfectly, I just dropped my 1.8 into my 93 and bolted the header up. Hope to fire it up Wed :)
    Did you drop a 1.8 into a 93?? Did I miss a thread describing that?

Also, the guy on the phone at Rspeed said the heat shield is cosmetic and pretty much optional. Did u leave that on?

I haven't made it "public" I guess you could say. Yes, I have been putting a 1.8 into a 93. There are quite a few other things I've been doing too, hopefully tomorrow I can pick up a dremel and a few cut-off wheels and whatnot

I will probably use the heatshield as it sort of ties in w/ a few of the other parts that I have been putting into the car or will be putting in soon. Guess it wouldn't hurt to have it in there either as my filter will practically sit on top of it.

The car should make some decent power after I get the last (and hardest to find part at this point) part. I'll dyno it sometime in the next month or so and post the results. I'm also looking forward to seeing how much power I'll be making WAY up top
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Hmm, got me curious now.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12