Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IS the pointy board dead?

Damnit, the one time this month I need a legitimate question answered and the pointy board is down....guess I'll have to ask it here....

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Damnit, the one time this month I need a legitimate question answered and the pointy board is down....guess I'll have to ask it here....
    It appears that all of miata.net is having issues of some sort. I got curious and started poking around this afternoon. The web service on the server that is hosting the pointy board is not running. This usually either points to server or security problems.

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    It appears that all of miata.net is having issues of some sort. I got curious and started poking around this afternoon. The web service on the server that is hosting the pointy board is not running. This usually either points to server or security problems.
    or it could be that virus that's going around.... It's taken out a couple other boards too.. Corvette forum was down for most all of last night...

In other news... at least they have an annoucement now?

Miata Forum is currently closed due to a hardware problem. It may be down for a couple of days while we work on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

hey man, what you do is your own business...

personally, I've got my own preferences...

err.. yeah.. enough of that... back to beer!

1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Work? blah.... i'm just sittin here on my couch...

BUT! Now it's time to head to get some $1 beer and see about these girls that have a penchant for dancing on top of the bar...

I hope the cube doesn't spin too quick tomorrow morning....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Todays message on miata.net:

We've fixed the hardware problem that caused our recent outage. Unfortunately, there was a file system corruption that occurred as a result which will take another day or two to resolve. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, please check out http://www.miata.net/

Here's what happened (not really)

1. Someone asks question

2. Receives 3 responses to do a search

3. Proceeds to do billions of searches, miataforum is killed by the search feature
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Y'know, for all of the joking we do about the pointy board, I'm glad it's there, and I'm glad it is the way it is. Compared to most of the other boards I visit (including this one ) the pointy board has a very high signal-to-noise ratio.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

True, and alot of knowledgeable people too. Not saying this board doesn't.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

fyi..

It's back up and working now... Has been for about 5-10 minutes... zoom!
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123