Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing my new posting abilities and shots of the headlights

Default Testing my new posting abilities and shots of the headlights

Here are some headlights shots. Nothing great just trying out the camera. I'll get better ones later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Default Nice

Looks great, how they light em up?
    And what wheels are those.
    Thanks.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

Lookin' good! Go find some TSI's now.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Nice. What brand are those, and where would one purchase said lights?

Speed

Those are the new flushmount lights from AAC. There's a monster thread about them on the board. Check the forum called "...and now a word from our sponsors". It'll be the thread with a few thousand replies.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

So.....do they rotate when you turn them on? I mean, they do move or something when you turn them on, don't they? 'Cause of course, you wouldn't ruin the ability to hide lights that you don't need would you?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

How's the light output compared to stock?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

The light output is very focused so instead of lighting up 2 lanes they light up 1 really well. The company is still heiping us adjust them for better coverage. This car will not be driven as much as soon as I get the new bike so it does not bother me and they weigh a ton less.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Oh and the wheels are 16x7 Enkei's

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil
    The light output is very focused so instead of lighting up 2 lanes they light up 1 really well. The company is still heiping us adjust them for better coverage. This car will not be driven as much as soon as I get the new bike so it does not bother me and they weigh a ton less.
    Ya, that's why I went with the low-pro from Moss. I don't even need the high beams or fogs with the Moss kit; they light up the entire road like the new BMW's or Caddy's! What lighting is used? Hella projectors? If not you could always upgrade them. I wouldn't think the position and clear cover interfere too much, just have to fine tune the alignment.

Those look badass though...much better from all the original ones from what I can see in the pic. Oh yeah is that real carbon fibre there? I'm curious how expensive they are! I'll have to try to make it to yous guys Wed meet some time to check'em out up close.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

JUST placed my late order for my set of AAC lights... Driftdevil I may need a hand installing them since you have experience. Ha, we're the only 2 DFW guys I know of that will have them for now

Eat your heart out, boys!

P.S. Somebody next to me in the library has HORRIBLE body odor
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    Ya, that's why I went with the low-pro from Moss. I don't even need the high beams or fogs with the Moss kit; they light up the entire road like the new BMW's or Caddy's! What lighting is used? Hella projectors? If not you could always upgrade them. I wouldn't think the position and clear cover interfere too much, just have to fine tune the alignment.

Those look badass though...much better from all the original ones from what I can see in the pic. Oh yeah is that real carbon fibre there? I'm curious how expensive they are! I'll have to try to make it to yous guys Wed meet some time to check'em out up close.
    They actually use the identical lights that are in our Moss Lo-pros... the positioning just seems to affect the cutoff.

paint the housings.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    paint the housings.
    No. Not all CF is ricey... Besides, this isn't some pasted-on CF lookalike crap. If I'll be spending $500 for a set of headlights, I want to show off what I'm paying for
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey
    No. Not all CF is ricey... Besides, this isn't some pasted-on CF lookalike crap. If I'll be spending $500 for a set of headlights, I want to show off what I'm paying for
    :werd:
    When I take a woman out, I like to show everyone what I payed for.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    :werd:
    When I take a woman out, I like to show everyone what I payed for.
    If you don't like something make your statement and move on. Just because you think everything is rice does not make it rice. And besides I don't see you spending MY money on MY car so how about growing up.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Okay, I have to defend MadMonkey and driftdevil here. I don't even like emblems on most cars, let alone chrome or carbon fibre, but like they said its not all rice and looks great if its real and goes with the car's scheme. Although I race the hell out of my car, it has a more classy look than a modern sports racer so I would paint the housings if i got them. If my car wasn't white and had darker wheels, instead of polished, I would keep the housings carbon fibre. Kinda like a lot of the new Porsches/Ferraris/Lambos/BMW/MBs. They pull off nice bare carbon fibre with out looking ricey or cheap...
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Mine come in tomorrow. My car being a black and tan, they should look sweeeet unpainted
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Well if carbon fiber is ricey, This must be the ultimate rice.

Full carbon fiber bodied Pagani Zonda S

DD, do what you like. Forget about the dorks that criticize for no reason. I don't like BRGs with gold wheels but I'm not going to tell him to paint it.

Edit: Fixed the bad link to another one with better pics.
    Last edited by black roadster; 08-17-2006 at 03:19 PM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast