Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Falken Azenis?

Default Where to Falken Azenis?

OnlineTires.com has 205/50-15's for $61.75 each (plus $62.51 for shipping and handling ), which makes a delivered price per tire of $77.38 each. Does anyone know of someplace local that can do better? They'd only have to be about $70.00 (plus tax) each to beat the OnlineTire price.

BTW, that $59.95 special on 195/50-15 Toyo T1S's at OnlineTire is now over. They'll set you back $80.00 each now ($91.63 each after figuring in shipping)...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I got mine (195/60 14's) out the door for $219 from Discount. They will beat your best online price if you make them!

Discount Tire beat the *#&#$* out of any of the alternatives when I got the last set of 16's... Since you live in Baja Oklahoma, you might even give Al a call...

I got mine from discount for $50 each out the door. Ofcourse this was 14s but they beat online tires by $3 each and then didnt charge me shipping because an employee lived by the warehouse, and picked em up on the way in the next day.

I placed an order for my Victoracers today with Tirerack; these shipping charges seem a bit more reasonable. YMMV

Shipping Options from Shreveport, Louisiana (Select One)

UPS GROUND $32.88

FEDEX ECONOMY 2 DAY DEL $30.86

FEDEX 3 DAY EXPRESS SAVER $29.60

Was the $219 out the door installed and mounted, or carry out? I just bought mine at the Discount Tire on Forest Lane for $239 mounted and installed.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    Was the $219 out the door installed and mounted, or carry out? I just bought mine at the Discount Tire on Forest Lane for $239 mounted and installed.
    $219 was new tires mounted, balanced and installed on the car.

doh! Oh well it was only $20

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I purchased 4 16" Azenis and 4 16" ES100's in Tyler on Saturday.

As I was walking out the door, I bumped my head on the top of the door frame my wallet was so light. I would have seen it coming, but Allen (Discount's top saleman of the day and my new friend for life) was on the phone saying, "President Bush, your deficit doesn't look so big to me . . . "

At the risk of sounding like one of you married guys, If I want my lovely to know any of this . . .

I just went to the discount Tire in Rockwall and the guy called the store that Sam use in Arlington. Bill at the Arlington store was saying he did not sell any at the $219 out of door price

I then called Al at the Mckinney store, and he quoted me $289 for a set of 14". Finally, I got him to come down to $229.49 out of the door.

Apparentely, ether the price has gone up since you guys bought them or Discount Tire has raise the price on their own. Let me know if anyone of you has any secret in dealing with Discount Tire. I may be in the market for new "street" shoes for my Sport soon. It is wearing the cheap and ugly General Tires.

The $229.49 is not a bad deal. However, if don't ask I would have been paying tooooo much. The On-Line Tire is selling $176 a set of 4 of the 14" plus $50 shipping and another $50 for mounting and balance. The deal Al gives me still beat the the On-Line Tire.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    I just went to the discount Tire in Rockwall and the guy called the store that Sam use in Arlington. Bill at the Arlington store was saying he did not sell any at the $219 out of door price
    Tell Bill to look me up in his computer - (817-280-3215) . He should see that he did sell me 4 for $219. Keep us posted Gab!
    Last edited by sammm; 02-20-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Don't feel bad I had them do the same crap to me!

I even had the Bedford store say no even thought I had the receipts from the last two Azenis purchases at the same damn store!!!!

I've generally always gone to tirerack.com and ordered my tires (ES100s for both street cars) and they've yet to be beaten on price...

When you say "discount tire" are you referring to walking into one of their stores or going to www.discounttiredirect.com

IF you order from discounttiredirect.com you *used* to be able to take them into a discount tire store and they'd mount them for free (sometimes charged for balancing, sometimes didn't seems to depend on who you talk with)

Of course, I got fed up with waiting forever in line at discount tire stores... I go to tirerack then take them to a po-dunk tire shop of 377 (Hamm's if you're in teh area) and get them installed....

(ok, that came out way too long)

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Of course, I got fed up with waiting forever in line at discount tire stores... I go to tirerack then take them to a po-dunk tire shop of 377 (Hamm's if you're in teh area) and get them installed....

Hamms tried to get $50.00 out of me a couple weeks back to mount my Victoracers. Gave me some song and dance about new equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

Hamms tried to get $50.00 out of me a couple weeks back to mount my Victoracers. Gave me some song and dance about new equipment!
    Really? Man, that blows... I know they expanded their shop recently...

Though last time I checked, the Discount tire on beach wanted $10 to remove and mount, and $10 to balance EACH TIRE. Plus a $2 tire disposal fee or something... It was going to be like $85 to mount/balance all 4 tires...

You have a better connection around these parts? I'm all ears....

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

Really? Man, that blows... I know they expanded their shop recently...

Though last time I checked, the Discount tire on beach wanted $10 to remove and mount, and $10 to balance EACH TIRE. Plus a $2 tire disposal fee or something... It was going to be like $85 to mount/balance all 4 tires...

You have a better connection around these parts? I'm all ears....
    I got a guy who will do it all for $40.00, but I can recall the name of his place, it's a little tire shop on Mid Cities just up the road a bit from 377.

Iain also has a deal at the Goodyear by the mall, but they would give me his deal last time I tried.

What do you think if we all agree to go to the same store(s) to get all our tires to get better leverage in negotiating the price? It is not group buy, but a "preferred store" for all of us. Can we make this happen? How many are interested?

I am tired of droping names each time to get a deal and has to watch out for not being "screwed".
    Gabriel

Sam,

I already ordered from Al for $229.49. Thanks! I really think we should band together to get some leverage in negotiating deals.

Gab
    Gabriel

I'm thinking leverage is good!

If not for the tires themselves, at least find a good mount/balance spot...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    Sam,
    I already ordered from Al for $229.49. Thanks! I really think we should band together to get some leverage in negotiating deals. Gab
    I don't understand why places won't give the same 'deal' twice. I know they're not losing money on any of them! We'll see when it comes time to replace my current set of Azenis. I may have to beat Discount Tire into submission!

Like y'all said...maybe if we band together and 'promise' a Discount location we'll come there when it's time we could negotiate easier.

Glad your new tires are on the way Gab!

"Not only am I a member of Team CB, I'm the president!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast