Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sold: 1999 Miata Sport Package with all the fixins!

Default Sold: 1999 Miata Sport Package with all the fixins!

The time has come to part with my beloved Miata. While I will probably regret the sale, I’ve had the car now for five years (more than twice as long as I’ve owned any other car!), and it is time for something different. This car has won countless Texas Region SCCA, Equipe Rapide, S2000, BMWCCA & PCA club events, multiple season titles in C Stock, and has trophied at the National level with the current setup. Comes complete with all of the extras you could imagine, including three sets of wheels, a hard top, and a small race trailer. Just add gas (runs great on cheap regular unleaded) and driver!

The Car
    1999 Mazda Miata in Emerald Mica over black cloth. 110,000 miles (see extensive recent maintenance list below). Original soft top is in excellent condition with no rips or tears. I am the 2nd owner, but I have all major records on the car since new, including the original window sticker. Factory Sport Package car, which came with the Torsen limited slip differential, 15” aluminum wheels, 3 spoke Nardi leather steering wheel, rear spoiler, front airdam, Bilstein shocks, stiffer Hard S springs, and larger rear swaybar that all factory Sport Package cars have. This is a rare manual steering car with factory air conditioning – fully functional and an absolute must have in Texas!

The Extras
    Look at all of this stuff!
    • 1 set of 15” x 6.5” Royal Black (black with polished lip) Rota Circuit 8s, with 195/50-15 Yokohama ES100s mounted. Tires are approx. 50% worn. These are the daily street tires.
    • 1 set of 15” x 6” factory alloy wheels in silver, with 205/50-15 Kumho V710s mounted. These tires have about 45 runs on them, and have been stored properly. Still plenty of life left in these tires.
    • 1 set of 15” x 6” factory alloy wheels in silver, with 205/50-15 Falken Azenis RT615s mounted. These tires have less than 1500 miles, and look brand new. They were only used to drive the car to the Walnut Ridge and Houston National Tours. I intended to use them for local events this season, but I started co-driving an RX-8 instead.
    • Factory hard top, painted to match in Emerald Mica. All of the proper hard top attachment hardware has been added to the car, and I replaced all of the seals and weather stripping on this hard top when I bought it in ’02.
    • KYB AGX shocks. I drove these shocks to a trophy spot at Walnut Ridge, and coned out of 3rd in Houston with faster scratch times than Wooton, so don’t let anyone tell you that you HAVE to have Konis to be competitive. Full set of factory Bilstein shocks also included.
    • 1” Flyin’ Miata front sway bar. Factory front bar also included.
    • Mazdacomp heavy duty front swaybar mounts. These have been modified to be completely legal for C Stock.
    • Enthuza stainless steel exhaust. Lighter than stock, with a nice tone. Original factory exhaust also included.
    • K&N panel filter in factory airbox.
    • Sparco 3” cam-lock lap belt.
    • Sony tweeters and crossovers installed in doors (now you can really hear the stereo at highway speeds with the top down).
    • Hard-wired and permanently mounted Whistler radar detector. Theftproof and unobtrusive – you won’t see it from outside the car unless I point it out!
    • Custom mounted hidden garage door opener.
    • Factory windblocker.
    • 1 Track Dog Racing Extreme Air Splitter (not installed).
    • 1 front grill of unknown origin (was on the car when I bought it).
    • Front factory paint-matched mudflaps.
    • Factory black tonneau cover.
    • Hard top hoist.
    • 1 DeLan standard receiver hitch with keyed locking pin.
    • 1 Harbor Freight 40” x 48” utility trailer. Current Texas registration through March ’07. ¾” sealed plywood deck with lockable supports for four tires, plus a large, lockable toolbox. Set of four key-matched padlocks included. Completely rewired in December of ’05.
    • Full set of two color (silver with red drop shadow) magnetics. A pair each of 1s, 7s, and 5s in 12”, along with a pair each of Cs, Ss, and Rs in 4”. I will also include custom Mazda contingency magnets for the rear quarter panels in matching dark green with silver lettering. Go racing tomorrow!
    • Extensive spares package, including spare clutch, flywheel, alternator, rotors, brake pads, shocks, endlinks, and whatever else I find in the garage when you come to pick it up.

The Maintenance
    This car has been owned and maintained the past five years by an anal retentive mechanical engineer. I like to replace things before they wear out, which will explain the extensive list of parts that are new or completely rebuilt. All parts listed below were replaced in the last 10,000 miles unless otherwise noted:
    • Engine completely rebuilt – top and bottom - by John Day Performance Engines in 2/06 at 105k miles. All new seals and bearings, deck blocked and head milled to SCCA Stock legal limits, cylinders honed and refinished. This engine is strong and was properly broken in. Oil changed at 500 miles, again at 1000 miles with Mobil1 synthetic, then again 3000 miles later with Mobil1. The old engine never failed or misbehaved in any way, but it was starting to have some slight bearing noise at high RPMs, so I rebuilt it. When it was torn down, the builder stated that it would have gone at least another 50k miles before failure. Yes, I am that anal.
    • New heater hoses & cam angle sensor installed when engine was rebuilt.
    • New (not rebuilt) factory manual steering rack. Original rack replaced due to wear from racing and age.
    • New inner and outer tie rods. Same reason as above.
    • New front upper control arms, including bushings and ball joints. Same reason as above.
    • New factory bumpstops when the AGX shocks were added in December ’04 at 90k miles (the bumpstops are an integral part of the Miata’s suspension and they wear out over time!).
    • New rotors front and rear at 90k miles.
    • New alternator.
    • New O2 sensor.
    • New clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and bearings at 75k miles.
    • New Timing belt, water pump, and all related maintenance items were done at 60k miles.
    • New OEM catalytic converter at 80k miles.
    • I have a brand new OEM radiator on order, which will be installed before the car is sold.

The Condition
    The exterior is probably an 7.5/10. It has the typical Mazda stone chips in the front expected based on age and use. There is one small dent in the right rocker panel, just in front of the rear wheel from a cone that was hit in '02. Since it was small I left it as a “war wound”, but it can easily be removed by paintless dent repair, should you so choose. There are some small scrapes on the front airdam from a piece of metal that was kicked up in front of me on the highway about a year ago. Paint still shines very nicely, and annual clay bar treatments have kept it smooth and mostly free of imperfections. The top is original, with no rips or tears, and is regularly treated. Exterior of the soft top still looks new, but interior is slightly sun faded from top down driving.

The interior is a 9.5/10, with nothing but some slight wear of the leather on the Nardi steering wheel to indicate the age and mileage on the car. A/C still works fine, as does the factory AM/FM/CD player. Seats are in excellent condition, with no rips or tears. Floormats have been washed regularly (much to my wife’s chagrin), and look almost new.

The Price
    I’m asking $9000 OBO for the car with everything listed above. This car drives as good as new, and the only place the mileage shows is on the odometer! Click here for more pictures. I will not sell any of the parts or accessories separately, unless the car sells and the buyer does not want them. I can be reached by PM or at iain “dot” peebles “at” us “dot” atlascopco “dot” com. Thanks for looking!

Edit to add VIN #: VIN#JM1NB3531X0116922

Last edited by altiain; 08-24-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

If I would have only waited a couple of months. This car will not last long. Would you sell the TDR splitter by itself?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

What are you replacing her with?
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoefly
    +1

S.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I will not sell any of the parts or accessories separately, unless the car sells and the buyer does not want them.
    Well if the buyer doesn't want the rebuilt engine, I'll take it for my CSP car!

Seriously though, this is a fast car ready to compete, with a fresh engine. I'm sure it will make someone very happy. Good luck with the sale!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Shoefly
    A Hyundai Getz.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm sure it was a difficult decision...good luck with the sale. Enjoy the Hyundai!!

Top notch example of a Miata, good luck with the sale!
    1997 Acura Integra GSR Sedan

I didn't click the link but does a Hyundai Getz have a rotary engine and suicide doors...
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    I didn't click the link but does a Hyundai Getz have a rotary engine and suicide doors...
    Maybe.
    Iain

Maybe.
    Another rotary? After all the fun you had with the RX-7?

S.

Maybe.
    I drove Apex2apex's car again now that's it's got RT615s and wow it's fun. The stickier tires really show how soft the bone stock suspension is. Do the OTS Konis make a big difference.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Another rotary? After all the fun you had with the RX-7?

S.
    Never had any problems with my normally aspirated '88. No turbos, no problems.

moto - yeah, the Konis made a huge improvement on Jon's car. The fine tuning we did on settings and tire pressures at the test-n-tune helped a lot as well.
    Iain

Engine Builder

Wow, wish I had the cash, seems like an awesome package deal. I bet it goes within a week.

Update - replaced the radiator today with a brand new OEM unit. Car is now as cool as a cucumber in the 105-degree heat even with the ice cold a/c on full blast!
    Iain

Sounds just like a used car salesman

Price reduced to $9000 or best offer!

Okay guys – there’s a car I’d like to bring home from Nationals, but I can’t commit to buying it until I sell this one. I’d really prefer to sell this as a package deal, but if I can’t find a buyer for the whole package in the next couple of weeks, I’ll put it back to stock and sell off the extras separately. With everything that’s been done to this car, that would be a damn shame. Don't make me do it! Buy this car!
    Iain

Price reduced to $9000 or best offer!

Okay guys – there’s a car I’d like to bring home from Nationals, but I can’t commit to buying it until I sell this one. I’d really prefer to sell this as a package deal, but if I can’t find a buyer for the whole package in the next couple of weeks, I’ll put it back to stock and sell off the extras separately. With everything that’s been done to this car, that would be a damn shame. Don't make me do it! Buy this car!
    Wow... for that price, a buyer could sell off the hardtop and the Rotas and keep the car for a net cost of around $7500. Sounds like an absolute steal to me.

What are the details on the one you want to pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Wow... for that price, a buyer could sell off the hardtop and the Rotas and keep the car for a net cost of around $7500. Sounds like an absolute steal to me.
    Ok....Then do it
    and then you can really "Autocross"
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

By the way,

This car will be at Pennington Field on Sunday the 27th for the Equipe Rapide autocross. Potential buyers are welcome to give the car a thorough “test drive” by competing in it! Contact me for details if interested.
    Iain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast