Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sell as is or part it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    F you Titus!

Oh, and you too POS.
    You're welcome to buy the whole car and then part it out yourself so you can keep the LINK.... but it still won't work in a 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    You're welcome to buy the whole car and then part it out yourself so you can keep the LINK.... but it still won't work in a 1.8.

I'm not really mad about it or anything. I just always really wanted to say that. Everybody else is doing it!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I'm not really mad about it or anything. I just always really wanted to say that. Everybody else is doing it!

If I was to sell my Miata, do you guys think I would be able to find the right buyer willing to pony up a decent amount of cash for it, or would I most likely need to part it out?
    Keith Vergas was looking for a 92 Sunburst. He might like it just the way yours is now.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Keith Vergas was looking for a 92 Sunburst. He might like it just the way yours is now.......
    Good grief! It's like a giant game of musical cars. Will we still love each other without the Miata bond to hold us together?

S.

I'll always have a Miata......
    ...or two.......................

Talking

F you Titus!

Oh, and you too POS.
    Was it something I said??

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Since no one has asked, if you sell the Miata, what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    Good grief! It's like a giant game of musical cars. Will we still love each other without the Miata bond to hold us together?

S.
    We never loved you even when you owned the Miata.

Oh, and F you, Titus! You got rotary fever as well? Maybe POS will buy yours, since his seems to be a dud!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post

Titus, one thing to keep in mind is that no bank is going to loan someone $10k on a '92 Miata, so if you sell it as a package, you'll have to hold out for someone who can come up with the bulk of the price out of their piggy bank. I ran into the same problem with mine, although I think pitlab77 and I have found a way to iron out the details...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    Uh, I think that'll rule Iain out, too unless he plans on taking a saw to the RX-8.

S.
    Nope, no saws and no sunroofs. The new car will be solely lacking in sky-viewing capacity!

I'm sure I'll find a way to live with it though...
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I have been in love with Miatas since I was 15 and first saw a picture of one in Popular Mechanics in my high school library. I knew I would own one someday, and as soon as I bought her, I was sure I would have her forever. Nothing has done anything to cause that feeling to waver until now. As I pour over the specs and pictures of the Westfield SEi, I get that same feeling I had looking and dreaming of the Miata when I was 15. Sure, I can fantasize about lots of supercars and such, but they are not within my reach and may never be.

I think that the Westfield SEi could be within my reach. Right now I am just trying to confirm that I could make it happen. Once I am positive of this, I will wait patiently for FM to finish theirs. I am thinking that I will then drive or fly up there to test drive it. If it meets the expectations that the pictures and specs have built in my head, I will then put the Miata up for sale. But I need to be really sure, because I still really do love my Miata.

I have been in love with Miatas since I was 15 and first saw a picture of one in Popular Mechanics in my high school library. I knew I would own one someday, and as soon as I bought her, I was sure I would have her forever. Nothing has done anything to cause that feeling to waver until now. As I pour over the specs and pictures of the Westfield SEi, I get that same feeling I had looking and dreaming of the Miata when I was 15. Sure, I can fantasize about lots of supercars and such, but they are not within my reach and may never be.

I think that the Westfield SEi could be within my reach. Right now I am just trying to confirm that I could make it happen. Once I am positive of this, I will wait patiently for FM to finish theirs. I am thinking that I will then drive or fly up there to test drive it. If it meets the expectations that the pictures and specs have built in my head, I will then put the Miata up for sale. But I need to be really sure, because I still really do love my Miata.
    Not that you want anyone convincing you to sell the Miata... But rest assured that you will get lots of folks volunteering to help you build your Westfield... So that they can remember why they don't want to build one themselves...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Talking

Wouldn't ya need the drive line from your Miata for this???? You could sell 3Bean the body of your yellow car, and as an added bonus include the windshield!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Wouldn't ya need the drive line from your Miata for this???? You could sell 3Bean the body of your yellow car, and as an added bonus include the windshield!
    I had figured It would be easier to sell the car with drive line and then just pick-up another one when I was ready, but you may be on to something.

Talking

I had figured It would be easier to sell the car with drive line and then just pick-up another one when I was ready, but you may be on to something.
    Supercharged goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Supercharged goodness!
    Nope... no Supercharger for the Westfield. I was thinking start out stock 1.6 driveline to keep initial cost down, then add the link, then down the road have a crazy 9k redline, 11:1 compression, IRTB motor built for it. Yes, it is similar to what Keith has done, but it just seems so right for this car.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast