Thread: vent window weather stripping, etc.

Default vent window weather stripping, etc.

Well, it seems that the stripping around my driver "vent" window frame is split in a couple of places...which is actually causing a couple of added, albeit minor, issues.

My impression is that the weather stripping around this window frame is one piece with the strip around the entire door. Does this sound correct?

Where can I find the officially sanctioned TCB price on such pieces? I'd also like to replace the stripping around the windshield...you know, while I have the door open and all.

Also, if you could recommend a decent cloth adhesive, I'd love to read about it. Seems the headliner in my (aftermarket) hardtop has a nasty habit of dropping at one corner during daylight hours.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    Well, it seems that the stripping around my driver "vent" window frame is split in a couple of places...which is actually causing a couple of added, albeit minor, issues.

My impression is that the weather stripping around this window frame is one piece with the strip around the entire door. Does this sound correct?

Where can I find the officially sanctioned TCB price on such pieces? I'd also like to replace the stripping around the windshield...you know, while I have the door open and all.

Also, if you could recommend a decent cloth adhesive, I'd love to read about it. Seems the headliner in my (aftermarket) hardtop has a nasty habit of dropping at one corner during daylight hours.
    3M makes some OK stuff and some NASTY stuff... I forget the # on the can but you want the NASTY stuff. I used some of each once upon a time when redoing various headliners. The OK stuff (doesn't smell too noxious) didn't hold long. The NASTY stuff will slightly melt the foam backing and hold forever.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

If you find a CB price on a new weather strip let me know. It is one piece for the door amd vent window. (Stupid Mazda) Cheapest I've seen is around $113 per door.

You could go used as I did the first time but a new seal would seal better. BTW, It's a PITA to install. You need to remove the window completely.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Yep, just did this myself on 2 doors.

Well worth the effort, but expensive.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    You could go used as I did the first time but a new seal would seal better. BTW, It's a PITA to install. You need to remove the window completely.
    I'm wondering if it would be easier to install the new one since it would be more pliable.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!