Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Region Solo2 Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I've pre-registered for all of the events so far this year.

One thing that would really speed up Registration (and therefore Tech, which can't finish until everyone registers and gets their car to Tech) would be to require ALL entrants to pre-register.

I'm game for it, and I'm willing to suggest it at the meeting. Anyone else in favor?
    Tough to regulate, you will always have walk-ups that's the nature of the beast. But if you offered a cash discount for pre-registration just watch how many people would pre-register! Problem can switch around where you get 150 pre-register and then they don't show.

Why does ER seem to do a better job than SCCA at registration? What does ER do different than SCCA??

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Why does ER seem to do a better job than SCCA at registration? What does ER do different than SCCA??
    1/3 the number of drivers may have something to do with your perceived increase in effeciency SPARKY
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    1/3 the number of drivers may have something to do with your perceived increase in effeciency SPARKY
    Good point, but they do seem to get thought registration with less stomach acid than SCCA. Just wonder if they may have come up with a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Can I vent my concern by proxy? Would it even matter being that I am not a member?
    What ya need to Vent 3Bean?

Can I vent my concern by proxy? Would it even matter being that I am not a member?
    The fact that they (the SCCA BOD) may try to limit participation in October to folks that have done three or more SCCA events... it's at the bottom of page 1 of this same thread.

Sorry... It's at the middle of the first page.

The fact that they (the SCCA BOD) may try to limit participation in October to folks that have done three or more SCCA events... it's at the bottom of page 1 of this same thread.
    Kind of goes against what they have on the Texas Region Solo website.
    Who can drive?
    Practically anyone and any vehicle is allowed to enter an SCCA Solo 2 event. There are separate classes for men and woman plus a novice class for the inexperienced competitors. Visitors are permitted and no fees are charged for viewing the action, although no seating or other facilities are provided for watching. An entrant must have a valid drivers license and have reached 18 years of age (or have a SCCA parental permission form signed by both parents or guardians). The vehicles must pass a safety inspection and be equipped with seat belts and a quiet muffler.
    Capping the number of participants for the event is understandable but targeting a certain portion of the participants just doesn't seem correct. Plus I know this guy who wouldn’t be eligible and he has a canopy that I have grown quite accustom too!

Ya'll have fun without me.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

So who's going? And who'll gripe for me by proxy?
    ME!!! ME!!! ME!!!

I never get to gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    So who's going? And who'll gripe for me by proxy?
    ME!!! ME!!! ME!!!

I never get to gripe.
    I take it you haven't been to a recent SCCA meeting. At last months I couldn't hear half of what was going on, they had us in a room with about 4 or 5 other tables and it was freaking loud. The meeting seemed to go a lot like an auction fast and furious then on to the next topic.

I'm thinking I can stay home and accomplish just as much!

Plus we have Altain and Tailchaser at these meetings representing the Miata community, or at least I hope they are! :o

I take it you haven't been...
    You were half right... I've never been to a meeting ever!

Did the meeting location change??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12