Thread: Domain transfers: funny business still?

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Default Domain transfers: funny business still?

(Almost called it "domain transferrence" but started to get the vibe that I was being remotely viewed...)

So it's been a while since I've noodled around with domain name registration and transfers. Do I still need to watch out for registrars who use their fine print to take ownership of domain names, or is that pretty much ancient history?

If it's still going on, who do I need to avoid? Currently entertaining 1and1, godaddy, and pairNIC (which is relatively pricey).

I use Go Daddy for both of mine (www.JohnLanning.com and www.MonkeyofDeath.com) and have been very, very happy with them. They send you reminders when you're about to expire and will automatically renew if you check that option (requires a credit card on file). I also got rid of my ISP email and just use the ones that I have through Go Daddy. Much better, no spam!

+1 for GoDaddy
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

As luck would have it, they're also the cheapest. Thanks, gents.

I use CityMax.com for my hosting... But I have a shopping cart & credit card processing as part of my site. If you need to set up e-commerce stuff they are cake to use.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey of Death View Post
    I use Go Daddy for both of mine (www.JohnLanning.com and www.MonkeyofDeath.com) and have been very, very happy with them.
    [off topic]

Y'know John, you've got a really wicked sense of humor. I enjoyed surfing your sites this morning.

[/off topic]
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

seems like I got in trouble for having my webpage in my profile wihtout posting it to the forum

btw I use AlterHosting, seems pretty good and cheap too.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    seems like I got in trouble for having my webpage in my profile wihtout posting it to the forum
    Ya sure you got it entered correctly??? Seems to be a dead link -> http://www.nextarkaraoke.com/miata/miata.html

Mine works -> www.harrisonindustrial.com

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Drat you suck!

ok then....lol

www.TastyLixxBand.com
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post

Y'know John, you've got a really wicked sense of humor.
    Thanks for noticing!

I enjoyed surfing your sites this morning.
    Glad to be an active participant in your time killing efforts! And I'm glad you liked them! I just redid the work site and every once in a while I wonder if it's too much. Most photographer's sites are boring, even if the photos are good. So I was trying to have a little more fun with my site. 'Cause if you're not having fun, you should be doing something else!