Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Saga of ordering from Onlinetires.com

Default The Saga of ordering from Onlinetires.com

9-15-2006

Place order online for (4) Toyo T1-R tires.
    Heard there is a nationwide back order on T1-Rs.
    Called Online Tires to check if they have them in stock

This is where the trouble begins!

I talk to Raul and ask him if he can tell me if they have them in stock and when they will ship them out. He tells me the guy who processes the internet orders is not there and he can't access the system. Okaaaay?

He then tells me he wants to cancel my online order and process a new one. Concerned, I ask him several times if I will be double-charged. He assures me that it won't happen. He has noted the cancelation of the online order and I will not be charged twice. Reluctantly I agree.

He then confirms after a long wait on hold that indeed they had six tires in stock so four would be shipped out that day. (Friday)

9-19-2006

Tuesday I call to get a tracking number as I did not receive one as requested. I talked to Jonathan who tells me he can not give me the tracking number as the guy that handles that is not in yet. OK. When is he supposed to arrive? He says he's supposed to be there already.

OK. Will someone please call me when he arrives and give me the tracking number. Meanwhile, my wife calls to tell me we've been charged twice. . I call and get Jonathan again and ask to speak to Raul. He's busy on the other line but he will call me back.

Two hours later, my patience wearing thin I call and get Jonathan again. I ask to speak to a manager. Evidently, Jonathan is the manager. I explain how I still haven't received a tracking number, they charged me twice which put my account into a negative balance and there may be bank fees involved now.

He said he would refund it which he told me two hours ago and finally gave me my tracking numbers. They were shipped on Monday instead of the promissed Friday.

Concerned about the bank fees, I asked what they will do about it and he said he can't do anything. Okaaaay.. I asked who his manager was. He said the CEO. I asked for the CEO's name and phone number and he refused to give it to me! I then asked him if he really want's to refuse this because once I contact the CEO, he may not appreciate it. He then offers up a VP's name and phone number. I call and leave a message for the VP.

9-20-2006

Refunded charges received.

9-21-2006

Two days and no response from VP. I just called again today and again, got VM.

I received the tires today and one of them has gouges in the side wall and is not road worthy. I call back and get Raul. I explain the situation. He says since I've been through so much, (understatement) he will ship out a tire tomorrow. I then had to drive to a FedEx location to ship back the bad tire thankfully at Online Tires expense.

Now I will be waiting until next Wednesday at the earliest to receive it. Nearly two weeks after my initial order.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Wow. That's a royal indeed. Sounds like that place is run by a group of amateur jackasses. I know the Tire Rack ain't the cheapest gig in town, but their customer service has, in my experience, been impeccable.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're upset.

Upset? Yeah. You could say that.

Like S. said though. I'm more shocked at their level of incompetence.
    ...and across the line.

Four words: Al Cavan, Discount Tire

He routinely meets online prices and is a really nice guy to deal with... he's at the Coit Road store in Plano. Just ordered some Kumho's for my S2000 and he didn't even blink when I said I wanted TireRack's price. Should be here Saturday.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    I know the Tire Rack ain't the cheapest gig in town, but their customer service has, in my experience, been impeccable.
    +1 for Tire Rack.
    Bought tires for the Miata and the Prelude from them and they've been top notch all the way. And I found their prices to be better than most. But maybe I'm not buying the right tires?!?

I had deal with Onlinetires several times and they were all event free. I may have to think twice before dealing with them again.

Dave04 Four words: Al Cavan, Discount Tire
    Will Al meet the price of other internet prices and how about the shipping, tax and mounting charges?
    Gabriel

Wow! Sorry to hear about that mess. I hope everything gets resolved, but that won't help you get back all the time and frustration you went through.

I've ordered tires many times from both Tire Rack and Edge Racing. I've been happy with both, but you can't beat tire rack for service and speed of delivery. My V710s showed up the day after I ordered them and I only paid for UPS ground.

BTW, all Discount Tires will meet and beat online prices. It's their corporate policy, it's just not advertised. They will beat the price including shipping plus another 10% off. Tax and mounting is not included.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I have purchased tires from discount many times, although not in Plano. The one here by my house has matched my prices plenty of times. I have always been happy. I also ordered a set of wheels and tires from Tirerack. They had outstanding service. I even had a tire get cut a few months after purchase. The lady offered my half price on the replacement even though I didnt buy a replacement guaranty. She even gave me half price on a second tire so I could replace the whole axle.

Avoid the Frankfort and Midway Discount Tire. I inquired about the Azenis 615s when they first came out, while Discount Tire Online had them for $99 shipped. The Frankfort shop quoted me $158. When I mentioned their online price, he said wow, thats a great price... I'd order them online if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Four words: Al Cavan, Discount Tire

He routinely meets online prices and is a really nice guy to deal with... he's at the Coit Road store in Plano. Just ordered some Kumho's for my S2000 and he didn't even blink when I said I wanted TireRack's price. Should be here Saturday.
    Why go through the trouble of having someone match Tire Rack's prices when you can just order from Tire Rack directly and save a trip to haggle with the monkey behind the counter at your local DT?

I go through a LOT of tires. I order them all through Tire Rack. It's just too easy not to.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Why go through the trouble of having someone match Tire Rack's prices when you can just order from Tire Rack directly and save a trip to haggle with the monkey behind the counter at your local DT?

I go through a LOT of tires. I order them all through Tire Rack. It's just too easy not to.
    Because tires get damaged in shipping. The companies send the wrong tires. You name it. Al has gotten every tire I've asked for the SAME day I asked for it. No trouble getting a price match when you know you'll get the match.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Will Al meet the price of other internet prices and how about the shipping, tax and mounting charges?
    Can't say 100% for sure, but so far I've heard that he'll meet anything...

Also, don't get me wrong, all four of those words need to stay together... I'm not pushing just any Discount Tire (although they are pretty good), but I AM pushing Al Cavan at whichever DT he's at. He's great...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Did you see Titus's post about online tires and Toyo??

Cut & Paste = Activate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Cut & Paste = deactivate!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Did you see Titus's post about online tires and Toyo??

Cut & Paste = Activate!

Cut & Paste = deactivate!
    You know I had a feeling of déjÃ* vu with this thread.

I have some very gently used Toyo TR1's in 205/50/15 you can buy now.
    99 Miata Black

Online Tires sent me the wrong size after a 7 day wait so they overnight shipped the correct size at their expense and had Fedex come pickup the wrong ones. I think it's just two guys running the place.

More fun!!!

9-21-2006

So last Thursday I shipped the damaged tire back to them Raul said the would ship the new tire out the next day (Friday). I asked him to call me with the tracking number which he agreed to do. Did he? Nope.

9-25-2006

Called to get a tracking number. First time I got a message that said the mailbox was full. I waited a hour or two and called back. I got Raul again and asked for the tracking number. He hemmed and hawed and put me on hold. He came back on, mumbling and aparantly searching for the tracking number. I asked him if he wanted to find it and call me back. He said he would.

An hour later, still no call. Called back and got full mailbox message again. Called again and they answered. Raul again. I asked him what the deal was. He said he can't give me the tracking number until it is generated and it would ship out at the end of the day.

I was livid at this point as he specifically told me it would ship last Friday. I told him I expect them to ship it either overnight or two-day so I will get it by Wednesday as was expected if he had shipped it last Friday. He refused. I asked to speak to the manager. I was put on hold again and then asked who I was holding for. "A manager", I replied. Put on hold again.

Finally got Jonathan again. Explained the situation to him, how after all I'd been through, I'd received a damaged tire which I shipped back and was promised the new one would ship Friday and it hadn't nor had I received a call back with the tracking number. I told him I expected at least two-day shipping on the new tire. He told me the tire actually had shipped and miraculously he had a tracking number. It turned out to be an invalid tracking number.

I told him I still expected a tire by Wednesday. He started up his excuses again which I replied with this. Either they ship me out a tire today, two day for a Wednesday delivery or I will ship their tires back to them ( I had their FedEx account # from the damaged tire) and dispute the charges on my credit card. This finally got their attention and he agreed to shipping a tire out 2-day for a Wednesday delivery.

This is the LAST time I ever order from these incompetent goons.
    ...and across the line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast