Thread: How effing stupid is this?!?!

Default How effing stupid is this?!?!

So, I got a ticket in Colleyville before we moved. I paid the fine by mail, but the good ol' USPS apparently took their sweet time delivering it, and it arrived a couple of days late. I paid in full, with secured funds, etc., etc., for a ticket, you think that would be the end of it, right?

Wrong! I got a nastygram from the City of Colleyville last week COMMANDING (their words, not mine ) me to appear before the judge to pay my $25 late payment fee on October 19th. I cannot mail this in - I have to take an afternoon off of work and drive all the way to Colleyville to make the payment in person. WTF?!?!?

This is ing ridiculous. Just for that, I'm gonna pay the effing fine with a big bag of pennies. Stupid ing City of Colleyville.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah... sorry for your pain...

Just be prepared to have to count out each and every one of those pennies... a friend of mine tried that (for a ~$100 ticket) and the clerk of the court made him sit there and count out each penny out loud before she'd accept them as payment.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

You can probably send an attorney to do it for you. Might be better to pay $75 for the privilege rather than take the afternoon off work.

S.

When did Colleyville clear the check??

Don't try the penny trick. They will make you count them out, in front of a clerk, to make sure there is the exact amount................

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Don't try the penny trick. They will make you count them out, in front of a clerk, to make sure there is the exact amount................

Do you know this from experience Merv???
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

A couple of good ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    When did Colleyville clear the check??
    Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    You can probably send an attorney to do it for you. Might be better to pay $75 for the privilege rather than take the afternoon off work.

S.
    Knowing that you probably won't take their advice, let me give you some of mine that will also be ignored:

When you go to court, drive slowly - you know, like at or below the speed limit.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    I would do that... and do it VERY slowly just to them off. If they so much as talk to you act like you lost count.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I would do that... and do it VERY slowly just to them off. If they so much as talk to you act like you lost count.
    Hell yea. That's what I'd do.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I am sure the nice person sitting behind the counter getting paid by the hour wouldnt mind the break while you sit there and count pennies. That will teach them.

Here in FT worth I had a parking ticket and it just needed to be post marked in time.

It would be interesting to count aloud and skip every 15th number or something and see if they catch it.

I say you really show them and just not appear or pay at all! Yeah, that'll show 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I say you really show them and just not appear or pay at all! Yeah, that'll show 'em.
    +1

S.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)