Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallet recount

Default Hallet recount

If you is going .....post up so we can make plans on where to meet Friday morning.

I'm going.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'm going, travel plans are still in the works.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

+2

I'm in, as is a buddy who's not on the board, but has a BRG.

We were talking about taking some route other than a 4 hr grind up 75, even if it adds a little time to the trip. Maybe up US377 across Texoma toward Ada or something. Going east to catch the edge of the Ouachita Mtns and the twisties would add about 100 miles to the trip - probably a little much, if we want to get there for tech.

Craig
    '96 M-edition

We have several of us leaving Friday morning about 6:00 from Plano. Being a sponser of the event we have to get up there early. One of the best and fun routes is Hwy 48 which goes straight North into Hallet and the race track. This is a good 2 lane road through several small towns, but won't add that much more time verses going up the freeway, boring!

For us we will go up I75 to Durant. Just North of Durant is Hwy 78, you would go left under the bridge. Shortly down the road is Hwy 48. Head North and don't look back. If you are coming up I35 you can take several different roads over to Hwy 48, but you might want to work your way over to I75 as soon as possible and then head North.

BE AWARE!
    There is not a lot of gas stations going this way and if you are FI and need 93octane, buy it in Texas before you cross the border! Oklahoma has very few 93 octane gas stations. Hallet has one just across the freeway so you will be OK at the track.

Here is who I know are going, we are all staying at the Hampton Inn in Sands Springs:

Gary S.
    Mike P.
    Michael B.
    Skirt W.
    Justin H.
    Shawn H.
    John W.
    Chris G.
    Jeff
    Harry
    Tim and Wife
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Are all of you leaving at 6? I know there's track time for sponsors on Friday to get acquainted with the track. Will you go to the track first and then to the Hampton? We're stayin' at the Budget ZZZZZZZZ to get that precious 30 minutes of extra sleep in the morning, but will be at all the Hampton festivities. Lots of peps going, this will be a blast! I've missed you guys the past few years.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Are all of you leaving at 6? I know there's track time for sponsors on Friday to get acquainted with the track. Will you go to the track first and then to the Hampton? We're stayin' at the Budget ZZZZZZZZ to get that precious 30 minutes of extra sleep in the morning, but will be at all the Hampton festivities. Lots of peps going, this will be a blast! I've missed you guys the past few years.
    Speaking of extra sleep - I could EASILY be persuaded to leave at a more respectable hour on Friday. Gary's route sounds good - who's up for a 2nd wave departure around 9:00 or so, for those not getting track time on Friday?
    '96 M-edition

I think I'll sleep in a bit...probably leave around 6:05 a.m. Should catch up to the rest of them at Starbucks...

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    BE AWARE!
    There is not a lot of gas stations going this way and if you are FI and need 93octane, buy it in Texas
    I sure hope I'll need 93 octane.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    BE AWARE!
    There is not a lot of gas stations going this way and if you are FI and need 93octane, buy it in Texas before you cross the border! Oklahoma has very few 93 octane gas stations. Hallet has one just across the freeway so you will be OK at the track.
    Yeah, but is it that big a difference since Texas gets its own "special" formulas? Especially in summer. I noticed that the premium fuel at Hallett has on the track is only 91 octane. Of course Hallett also has 114 octane!

BTW, exactly why is the Miata's @ Hallett event so much? $150 for Miatas@Hallett or $90 the weekend after for regular Hallett event. With all those sponsers you'd think the entry fee would be at least as low as a regular track day at Hallett or at least add a transponder rental in that price. The Arkansas Miata club must be funding some new club shirts or everyone is simply paying for the door prizes.

I'm going to Hallett the following weekend for a helluva lot less money, not as many Miatas but my college kid wallet sure likes it better! Oh yeah, I may get to drive a formula v too! another reason to go the following week for less money.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Default I'm in

Rude Dog in in at Hallet but the misses and I are leaving McKinney around 11:00 AM on Friday. Also at the Sand Springs.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

Has anyone received any new email or communication from the Arkansas Miata club recently? I signed up several weeks ago and received a confirmation email that week, but nothing since. Just checking...

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Has anyone received any new email or communication from the Arkansas Miata club recently? I signed up several weeks ago and received a confirmation email that week, but nothing since. Just checking...

Speed
    No, nothing here.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

I haven't either................
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

FYI, TECH day is Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning, but you may miss your run. Suggest leaving early to get there and be done with it. There are 4 run groups starting at 8:00 I believe. I will re post the information I have including the schedule later.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Below is most recent grouping, as of last night:
    ------------------------------
    This is they way we have them grouped at the present time.

15 Experienced
    24 Intermediate 2
    22 Intermediate 1
    18 Novice

SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!!!!

Hey I want to be in Experienced or Novice.
    Less cars to bump into. : )
    Skirt

Now you just have to decide if you want to bump into their rear, or vice versa...

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Now you just have to decide if you want to bump into their rear, or vice versa...
    In other words, do you want to harass Magma and Tim, or be harassed by Gary?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    In other words, do you want to harass Magma and Tim, or be harassed by Gary?
    I want to harass Tim. Everybody else does so why can't I.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast