Chevrolet Corvette
    Porshce 911 Carrera
    Ford Mustang (V6)

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/08/auto...able/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    No mention of Miata in this category.
    Meh... it's been a couple years since they made a Miata anyway
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I am very surprised to see the Porsche on that list. I've always thought of them as pretty bulletproof.

S.

I was surprised by the WRX, Corvette and Porsche entries.

It's kinda funny how all of the most reliable lists, with the exception of SUVs, are dominated by imports. Meanwhile the worst lists are a good mix.

As far as the domestics that made the most reliable lists there are a few explenantions:
    1. The Ponitac Vibe is mostly a Toyota.
    2. The USA knows SUVs so it's no suprize that Chevrolet Tahoe*and GMC Yukon*made the list
    3. The Ford Fusion*and Mercury Milan*(from what little I know) are very similar cars
    4. It should be noted that all cars marked with * are IMHO being given the benefit of the doubt since the really cold winter weather hasn't hit yet. As stated on the website "*Predicted reliability based on only one model year."
    Last edited by Nexus Flux; 11-10-2006 at 01:20 PM.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    It's kinda funny how all of the most reliable lists, with the exception of SUVs, are dominated by imports. Meanwhile the worst lists are a good mix.

As far as the domestics that made the most reliable lists there are a few explenantions:
    1. The Ponitac Vibe is mostly a Toyota.
    2. The USA knows SUVs so it's no suprize that Chevrolet Tahoe*and GMC Yukon*made the list
    3. The Ford Fusion*and Mercury Milan*(from what little I know) are very similar cars
    4. It should be noted that all cars marked with * are IMHO being given the benefit of the doubt since the really cold winter weather hasn't hit yet. As stated on the website "*Predicted reliability based on only one model year."
    I think that the Fusion and Milan are based off of the Mazda 6.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Funny - I think nearly every vehicle VW sells here is on one of those Least Reliable lists.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yippie my 4Runner is on the most reliable Mid sized SUV list!

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    I am very surprised to see the Porsche on that list. I've always thought of them as pretty bulletproof.

S.
    Depends, this isn't just about drivetrain reliability or the Corvette would be top of the list for most reliable instead of in the un-reliable list.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Depends, this isn't just about drivetrain reliability or the Corvette would be top of the list for most reliable instead of in the un-reliable list.
    i didnt get that either......

Hmmm, something fishy about this whole thing...I never considered Consumer Reporst as the voice of authority on this issue, but look at the cars they picked... Everyone I know, and I know several, with hybrid model cars, be it Honda, Toyota, or Ford, ALL of them complain of issues they have had with the cars. This smells of Tree Hugging environmentalist picking and choosing to fit an agenda. And where are the real pickups? Hell, a baja is NOT a real pickup, no offense to anyone who owns one... Not only does this smell of greenies, it appears they may be rolling their own smokes too...
    These people absolutely hate 'merican cars, and they hate high performance cars, sports cars or otherwise, so the Corvette ending up on their poop-list is no surprise either...As for the Yukon, etc, they know who their audience is, soccer moms and baseball dads...Gotta love Constipation Retorts...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"