Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wed nights, anyone?

I am glad to see the chatter about Dave and Buster's. Being they have been our only client for the last 25 years or so. We have been designing them since concieved in 1983. I only worked on the last 6, but my father is the Architect for Dave and Buster's. I just do all finish selections and drawings on CAD. Where, and when do you guys get together? Or is it just a friends gathering? Do not want to impose?

Quote Originally Posted by Faindog View Post
    I am glad to see the chatter about Dave and Buster's. Being they have been our only client for the last 25 years or so. We have been designing them since concieved in 1983. I only worked on the last 6, but my father is the Architect for Dave and Buster's. I just do all finish selections and drawings on CAD. Where, and when do you guys get together? Or is it just a friends gathering? Do not want to impose?
    Well... When it's warmer... we meet at Coit & Park (NE Corner near Escape coffee house)... We're still deciding on a winter location since we're apparently all cold bastards.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Agreed.
    I'm NOT gonna stand out there in the cold by myself while you drive down from Oklahoma. It was everybody else leaving! It wasn't my idea!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Impose... nah. Discount? Yes!
    Yes,
    That would be nice. But we are just the lowly old Architects, we get blamed when something goes wrong, but no credit for a wonderful design concept.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Well... When it's warmer... we meet at Coit & Park (NE Corner near Escape coffee house)... We're still deciding on a winter location since we're apparently all cold bastards.
    I will keep looking at posts to see what is decided.
    I would love to get out of the house sometime during the weekdays, as I have three daughters (and a 1 year old boy) So, I am still outnumbered.
    But any chance to not Nic at Night would be good therapy.

So where are we gonna meet now that it's wednesday?

I gotta go help Gary clean out the warehouse, so I won't know where we're meeting until late tonight.

Ok... so TC will go if it is in the parking lot or in his alley, and John will go where ever I tell him to (really...he asked me to call him this evening and tell him where to go ). Any other opinions?

What's wrong with the usual place? Looks like it will be anice night. Heck...I might even drop by this evening...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    What's wrong with the usual place? Looks like it will be anice night. Heck...I might even drop by this evening...
    This is what started it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    We need to find a warmer place for the winter months. Everyone bolted by 11pm. Too friggin cold!
    I have to admit I tend to leave earlier when it is cold, but that seems to be a good thing in the long run. My alarm goes off at 6am and I have been pretty grumpy on morning where I hung out in the parking lot till 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    My alarm goes off at 6am and I have been pretty grumpy on morning where I hung out in the parking lot till 1am.
    Bitch, bitch, bitch, moan, moan, moan...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I have to admit I tend to leave earlier when it is cold, but that seems to be a good thing in the long run. My alarm goes off at 6am and I have been pretty grumpy on morning where I hung out in the parking lot till 1am.
    Tomorrow is Turkey Day...you get to sleep in.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Tomorrow is Turkey Day...you get to sleep in.
    Which in part is why I am lobbying for a warmer place that will hold crowds latter.

Well, unless I see someone step up and nominate a new place, I guess I'll drop by the "old" spot later...

There is a Starbucks right up the street (Spring Creek and Coit), but I have no idea how late they are open and how receptive they might be to Miata loitering...

Speed
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Well, unless I see someone step up and nominate a new place, I guess I'll drop by the "old" spot later...

There is a Starbucks right up the street (Spring Creek and Coit), but I have no idea how late they are open and how receptive they might be to Miata loitering...

Speed
    I've always detested Starbucks and I have no idea why...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Hooters has ta-tas and they are alot closer than the place next door and the place next door will drain your wallet.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

i think its gonna be cold this wed night....

so where are we meeting then
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast