Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: wed nights, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    so where are we meeting then

NE corner of 75 and Plano Pkwy
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'm thinking head home early and stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by National Weather Service
    LATEST THINKING IS THAT THE ARCTIC FRONT AT THE SURFACE IS MOVING SOUTHEAST FASTER THAN THE MODELS ARE PROJECTING. THE MODELS DO HAVE A GOOD HANDLE ON THE UPPER SUPPORT...WHICH MEANS THAT NORTH TEXAS WILL HAVE THE COLD AIR IN PLACE SOONER THAN PREVIOUSLY EXPECTED ANDBUT WILL STILL HAVE STRONG UPPER SUPPORT FOR PRECIPITATION THROUGHTOMORROW AFTERNOON. WE ARE EXPECTING THE FRONT TO REACH MONTAGUECOUNTY JUST AFTER NOON AND REACH THE DFW AIRPORT AREA BY 4 TO 6 PM. THE FRONT WILL HAVE SWEPT ACROSS ALL OF NORTH TEXAS BY 4 AM THURSDAYMORNING.

WE WILL UPGRADE THE FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY TO A WINTER STORM WARNINGFOR COUNTIES ALONG AND NORTH OF A GRAHAM...DECATUR...GAINESVILLELINE. THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF OVER AHALF INCH OF ICE AND UP TO 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW IN THIS AREA BYTHURSDAY EVENING. GROUND TEMPERATURES ARE QUITE WARM...WHICH IS AMITIGATING FACTOR AND MUCH OF THE FREEZING/FROZEN PRECIPITATION WILLMELT...EXCEPT ON ELEVATED/EXPOSED SURFACES SUCH AS BRIDGES ANDOVERPASSES.

FARTHER SOUTH...WE MAY NEED TO UPGRADE THE WINTER STORM WATCH TO A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR THE AREA ALONG AND NORTH OF ACOMANCHE...WAXAHACHIE...CANTON LINE INCLUDING THE DFW METROPLEX. ASSTATED ABOVE...MUCH OF THE FREEZING/FROZEN PRECIPITATION WILL MELTUNTIL THE GROUND CAN COOL OFF...BUT ELEVATED SURFACES WILL COOL MUCHFASTER. THE SOUTHERN EXTENT OF THE WATCH MAY HAVE TO MOVE SOUTH ASWELL. MODELS ARE HINTING THAT THE ATMOSPHERE WILL COOL RAPIDLYTHURSDAY MORNING AND BE COLD ENOUGH FOR SNOW BY LATE MORNING OVERTHE METROPLEX. SHOULD THAT OCCUR WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PICK UP1-3 INCHES OF SNOW IN THE DFW AREA BEFORE THE PRECIPITATION ENDS THURSDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING. SNOW AMOUNTS WILL BE LESS FARTHER SOUTH BUT TRAVEL IMPACTS WILL LIKELY BE SIGNIFICANT.

IN ADDITION...THE DRY LINE WILL SWEEP ACROSS NORTH TEXAS AHEAD OF THE FRONT AND SUPERCELL THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING SOME SEVERE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS ARE POSSIBLE. WE WILL BE LAUNCHING AN 18Z SOUNDING TO FURTHER ASSESS THE SEVERE POTENTIAL.

It's already down to 30 in OKC w/wind chill of 17. Wichita Falls 41/30. I expect the wind to turn in Springtown around 3PM. The squall line is very pronounced already so I am expecting a violent clash of cold air and warm moist air....................soon!

This weather is stupid!!! I've been pondering going to the Wolfmother show since last week. I waited too long now, as the tickets have sold out. I guess it was better this way. I've been to 3 large shows there recently, and it sucks being smooshed against others for 2 hours +. I'm down with hooters or whatever to avoid the suckitude that is cold weather.
    Last edited by johnwag; 11-29-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: mistake

hooters sounds okay
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

I like owls... I mean Hooters

sorry old joke but I could not resist
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

what time are we meeting up there?

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

hooters sounds okay
    Yup sure does! But... today's anniversary #9... and I'd like to see #10! so... I suspect I have other plans.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Yup sure does! But... today's anniversary #9... and I'd like to see #10! so... I suspect I have other plans.
    Meh... I skipped #11 for a business trip and still saw #12.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Business trip = providing for the family (acceptable on anniversary)
    Hooters = staring at some other woman's hooters (not a good idea on anniversary)

Congrats on #9 TC! We celebrated the same back in August!

I'm still recovering from a particularly nasty root canal on Monday, so y'all have fun tonight.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    She married you, so she already had very low expectations!

Congrats TC and to think her parents said it would never last!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Business trip = providing for the family (acceptable on anniversary)
    Hooters = staring at some other woman's hooters (not a good idea on anniversary)

Congrats on #9 TC! We celebrated the same back in August!

I'm still recovering from a particularly nasty root canal on Monday, so y'all have fun tonight.
    I'm sure we can make it business related. TC can bitch to us about problems he is having with one of his servers and we can call it an Emergency Technical Consultation.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    She married you, so she already had very low expectations!

time?

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Note to self... bring earplugs on Saturday... Sorry to hear you had a bad trip to the dentist!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

time?
    I should be there around 9:30ish.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

We need to set something up so I can start showing up to the Wednesday meets. I'm only off on Sundays and Mondays, and on other days I go in at 11PM.
    Does everybody get off work late over there? We could start earlier...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Note to self... bring earplugs on Saturday... Sorry to hear you had a bad trip to the dentist!
    Not a bad trip, just a really bad tooth. I've also got to take some responsibility since I've known I needed the work for awhile, but I've been putting it off.

The best part? She was only able to get 3 of the 4 roots done on Monday, as the 4th was really bad. I get to go back on the 19th for the last one.

On a side note, the car is a lot quieter on the freeway since I put on new street tires!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast