Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doggy story

Like OzCop mentioned, you chose the best option... but I just gotta feel for the folks watching the whole thing. I hope that wasn't their pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Like OzCop mentioned, you chose the best option... but I just gotta feel for the folks watching the whole thing. I hope that wasn't their pet.
    If it was their pet, he did them a favor by not stopping and getting their info to have them pay for the damage to his car...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    If it was their pet, he did them a favor by not stopping and getting their info to have them pay for the damage to his car...
    Wonder how that would have gone for him if it had been Wickett or Fiona that he squished.....

My point of reference is this :

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Wonder how that would have gone for him if it had been Wickett or Fiona that he squished.....
    As a responsible pet owner, I fully understand that it's MY fault if my pets are out in the street. It's sad, and I'd probably be upset, but it's still my fault. There's not a thing the driver of the car can do about it.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    As a responsible pet owner, I fully understand that it's MY fault if my pets are out in the street. It's sad, and I'd probably be upset, but it's still my fault. There's not a thing the driver of the car can do about it.
    Meh, I'll still be pissed mainly because I would have to explain to my daughter why her dog has gone to a better place.

I guess I would have put my car in the center rather than at side of the road with hazards on hoping the traffic would slow down a touch to give me a chance to wrangle the dog.

All in all a sad story for all involved.......

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

When things happen that quickly there is no time to run thru your plan(s) of action. Your first/basic instinct is to protect yourself. It is sad when any animal is hit, but most times it's unavoidable.

That sucks this happens.

However, as I've matured as a driver, I've learned that when I'm coming up on a car stopped with their hazards on, to slow way down, taking the approach that, they probably know something I don't (animal loose, object in the road, whatever). I no longer assume mechanical problems when I see a car stopped.

Of course, this approach took me a mishap/near mishap or two (with similar consequences that you had Wed) before I figured this out, and I suspect you will be more leary of stopped or slowed cars in the future.

That said, I wouldn't have stopped, for fear some irrational dog owner like POS would want to "bring it on." It wasn't your fault, and the only way to have avoided it would have been to slow way down as you approached the stopped car. Next time it might be a cow. And I'll bet next time you will be more suspsious of why the car ahead has stopped or slowed.

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

So sorry for you car Kamil. Glad it can be repaired. This has been a depressing week!
    You're not the only person with bad timing on accidents.
    My friend Michael, who usually comes to the wednesday night meets with Bo, has that black RX-8. He was coming home from work on Thursday about to start his one week vacation when he gets cut off by a van and hits it. His front bumper and hood are all jacked.

If a PWR radiator for a 95-99 integra will fit your car, I've got one.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    That sucks this happens.

However, as I've matured as a driver, I've learned that when I'm coming up on a car stopped with their hazards on, to slow way down, taking the approach that, they probably know something I don't (animal loose, object in the road, whatever). I no longer assume mechanical problems when I see a car stopped.

Of course, this approach took me a mishap/near mishap or two (with similar consequences that you had Wed) before I figured this out, and I suspect you will be more leary of stopped or slowed cars in the future.

That said, I wouldn't have stopped, for fear some irrational dog owner like POS would want to "bring it on." It wasn't your fault, and the only way to have avoided it would have been to slow way down as you approached the stopped car. Next time it might be a cow. And I'll bet next time you will be more suspsious of why the car ahead has stopped or slowed.

TD
    True, true. Having (unfortunately) gone through this, now I know better for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    So sorry for you car Kamil. Glad it can be repaired. This has been a depressing week!
    You're not the only person with bad timing on accidents.
    My friend Michael, who usually comes to the wednesday night meets with Bo, has that black RX-8. He was coming home from work on Thursday about to start his one week vacation when he gets cut off by a van and hits it. His front bumper and hood are all jacked.

If a PWR radiator for a 95-99 integra will fit your car, I've got one.
    That sucks for Michael. After seeing TC's RX-8 on Wednesday, it is a shame that it got messed up.

Thanks for the radiatior offer, but it won't fit my car.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12