Thread: TXU Plans

Default TXU Plans

http://txu.com/smart24

Any idea which plan is the best? My last bill was for 1301 KWh at .1408. If only someone had insider information from TXU.......

Savings * $25.00 Credit on First Month's Bill
    Features *

TXU Energy SmartSaver 24SM is a plan for customers who want immediate savings versus the current TXU Energy Price to Beat and the assurance of having a fixed price to protect against rising fuel costs for 24 months.

With this plan, customers benefit from:
    * A lower price than the current TXU Energy Price to Beat.
    * Guaranteed protection from future price increases due to rising fuel costs for 2 full years.
    * No recurring monthly customer charge.
    * Peace of mind from knowing your rate is fixed for 2 years.
    * A rate design that provides a lower price per kWh the more you use.
    * Immediate savings with no recurring monthly customer charge and a lower energy rate.

Pricing 500 kWh - 15.5¢ Average price per kilowatt hour
    1000 kWh - 14.5¢ Average price per kilowatt hour
    1500 kWh - 13.8¢ Average price per kilowatt hour
    2000 kWh - 13.5¢ Average price per kilowatt hour
    Term 24 Months

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Amen. No offense to onething's employer, but if you can get out from under TXU, I highly encourage it.

There is an intersting editorial regarding Texas electricity rates in today's Dallas Morning News, written by one of the architects of the Texas deregulation plan. Basically, he admits that they had enacted controls to keep electricity costs from going up too high too fast (envisioning a steady upward climb in prices of the natural gas/coal used to fire most power plants), but had not put anything in place to force electricity prices to contract in the event of a contraction in natural gas/coal prices (like that seen in the months after Katrina, when NG/coal prices that skyrocketed in the wake of the hurricane and then slowly declined again).

In other words, TXU is currently charging you for electricity based on the coal/NG prices they were paying in the wake of Katrina. Their prices have come down since then... but yours haven't.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I pay .07 cents per kwh for Lamar County Coop power in East Texas. Whatever makes my bill lower would make me happy.

You always getting better deal from anywhere than from TXU. Unfortunately the rates from the other providers are linked to TXU "rate to beat" rate. The bottom line is that we still pay the inflated "fuel cost", but at a slightly discounted rate. At $0.07 per kwh is very very good rate. The best rate you can get in Dallas is more than $0.12 per kwh! Bascially TXU is telling everyone to bend over...
    Gabriel