Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects?

Ordered new Koni Sports (Yellow) on Sunday. I'll also get an AX allignment after installing the shocks over the Festivus holidays... and maybe cruise control if I'm lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    It's my master plan for the new world!
    He's going to diassemble everyone's cars and make them walk everywhere?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    He's going to diassemble everyone's cars and make them walk everywhere?
    Although that does sound like something Nader and the Green Party would inflict on the U.S. populus...

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    More than you could ever want to know!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_Ordo_Seclorum
    Yup, WAY more than I could ever want to know!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Ordered new Koni Sports (Yellow) on Sunday. I'll also get an AX allignment after installing the shocks over the Festivus holidays... and maybe cruise control if I'm lucky.
    Let me suggest Peterson's for the alignment. They won't let you sit in the driver's seat anymore, so bring ballast equal to your weight. Jim will do you right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    Let me suggest Peterson's for the alignment. They won't let you sit in the driver's seat anymore, so bring ballast equal to your weight. Jim will do you right!
    Thanks! Now, where to get two hunnert pounds of something... Heck, will my 1.6 even haul me plus 200 lbs?!?!? It'll be wheezing up to the front of the place.

Thanks! Now, where to get two hunnert pounds of something... Heck, will my 1.6 even haul me plus 200 lbs?!?!? It'll be wheezing up to the front of the place.
    Let's see... I'm somewhere in the 300lb range... ccage I'd guess is about 275.. and his 1.6 was tolerating us. So you should be fine!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

See - you can still be nice!!!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    See - you can still be nice!!!
    DOH!!

So cam gears are CSP legal?

Hey, Miatamoto, I just reconfirmed that the adjustable cam gears are CSP legal. The only problem is that you can't modify the Valve Cover to expose them! GO FIGURE! Fortunately, I have a cut-away cover I can use for tuning purposes, but the unmodified cover will have to be used during competition. If you decide to try cam gears you are welcome to borrow my cover (as long as you promise not to set it on fire! )

I need to add a custom counter to the forums for "number of Miatas set on fire." Heh. wait.. I don't think McGrath is signed up on these forums.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

So cam gears are CSP legal?

Hey, Miatamoto, I just reconfirmed that the adjustable cam gears are CSP legal. The only problem is that you can't modify the Valve Cover to expose them! GO FIGURE! Fortunately, I have a cut-away cover I can use for tuning purposes, but the unmodified cover will have to be used during competition. If you decide to try cam gears you are welcome to borrow my cover (as long as you promise not to set it on fire! )
    Cool! Good to hear it's legal. Just to let you know in advance I have no problem with you running the modified valve cover in competition. Don't sweat it if you're just running against me at local stuff.

Will you let me borrow your '00 engine if I promise to not set it on fire?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    I don't think McGrath is signed up on these forums.
    I thought he was... he's gotta have some way to get his lost tools back.

Test Pipe
    Bronze Rota Circuit 10's, 17x7.5
    Toyo T1-R tires (225/45/17)
    Big Brake Kit
    Injen CAI + Intake Manifold Gasket
    Comptech Rear Sway

Will also be doing the headunit, front components, 2 amps, amp rack, and 1 or 2 10's in fiberglass enclosures.

I'm going to have a busy month in January
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I was thinking of giving my 1.6 head a valve job. Can anyone recommend a shop? Any idea of the cost?

Do they come with happy endings?

I was thinking of giving my 1.6 head a valve job. Can anyone recommend a shop? Any idea of the cost?

Do they come with happy endings?
    Likely not the cheapest out there, but the FM configurator lets you choose all types of options. Looks like a 1.6 head starts at $423. For that, they dissemble the head, jet clean it, give it a multi-angle valve job and completely re-assemble and adjust it. For an extra $450, you get a P&P, and there are a whole bunch of other options too.

If you just want to do the standard stuff, there is Cylinder Heads International in Grand Prairie. No idea of the quality, but they charge $375 + core.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Likely not the cheapest out there, but the FM configurator lets you choose all types of options. Looks like a 1.6 head starts at $423. For that, they dissemble the head, jet clean it, give it a multi-angle valve job and completely re-assemble and adjust it. For an extra $450, you get a P&P, and there are a whole bunch of other options too.
    Thanks! You're right, there are a lot of options. Anyone know if I should avoid any of these options for SCCA stock class? On the other hand, is anyone actually going to pull my head at a local event to check? (That last sentence did not sound right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Ouch!!! that's expensive.

There is a Flee-bay listing that has a local company selling rebuilt ones for a lot less.

Linkie

Of course, this one looks interesting too.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast