Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tech day. For me!

I'll do the suspension in an afternoon, but it'll cost more than lunch.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    i might be able to help with a few things, my roommate is a mechanic for subaru and has a crapload of tools... i'll have to see if its ok to pull in your car into his work...

i see an alignment in your future... i'll also look into that...
    What subaru dealer does your roomie work at? Interesting.

Has anyone contacted local Mazda dealerships to see what the possibility is of using their lifts, like one Saturday a month? When I worked at Park Place Mercedes, the MB Club used to come in on one Saturday a month (I think was the frequency) and they could bring in their old beaters, meet up, talk smack, tell lies and do some maintenance. It was cool. Like a deal they had worked out with the dealership. I know Town North, where I take Aku is closed on Saturdays, but I'd be willing to contact other dealerships in the metroplex and see if they'd be interested or able to handle something like this. Hell, all they can say is "no", right? Who here would participate? If the issue comes up, who would be willing to sign a waiver?

I'll talk to my boss before I say anything else about where I work, but I'd love to do some of this work for you guys. Perhaps, (at the agreement of my other half) I could help out with some space (I have a two-car garage and a covered car port), if my boss completely nixes me (which he very well may if it were free). But work done that day would have to be done that day (like to put our rides away at night, you know). So, light maintenance items, quick bolt-on projects are what I would see for that.

Holla. Let me know what y'all think.

M
    '04 Ti MSM

"Drive till you hear glass and smell sh**!"

I think a spot with a lift would be a great thing to be able to use. Hell, I'm sure that some of these cheapskates would even put some money up for "lift time" as i know I would. Waivers would be understandable in this situation too.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

YES!!!

I've been tossed back to 3rd shift (I didn't get the promotion, long story, I was too good for it ) and I'm going back to my old days off. That means Sundays and Mondays. So now we should be able to work something out... I'm thinking suspension and roll bar in one day, then once I get the rest of the parts I need for the interior we can work on that. I'm almost desperate enough to pay Boisking to do it for me

Let's git 'er done! I'm going to be in Kansas this weekend but starting next weekend I'm open.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I'm almost desperate enough to pay Boisking to do it for me
    No need to pay anyone to do it... it's easy enough on a tech day.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I'm almost desperate enough to pay Boisking to do it for me
    Let him do it, he's fast and affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Let him do it, he's fast and affordable.
    Eh, he wants more than lunch to do it! I'll do it for a six pack and be done in say 2 hours!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

We is ready

New Thread

09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123