Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Plans

Default New Year's Plans

So what are you doing?

We aren't doing anything. When you have kids your party life pretty much ends. Heck, I might not even stay awake for the ball to drop. Just another year and another year older.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Did you guys here about T.O. going to New York for New years eve??

They needed someone to drop the ball.

I'm going to work at 3, then off at 11, then cry myself to sleep because I don't have anybody to spend New Years with
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Talking

]
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I'm going to work at 3, then off at 11, then cry myself to sleep because I don't have anybody to spend New Years with

The kid is going to the grandparents and the wife and I are going out!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 12-31-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    i was supposed to work until midnight and they gave me half day... so now
    i got time but no plans... i'm probably inviting some ppl over, drinking, and playing so Scar Face!!!!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

paying halo 2 co op with my friend 0_o

I will probably stay up with my neighbors until 12:01. It's usually a fight to get past 11.

Just got back in town so I will be surfing the forum and trying to catch up. The fun never ends!

Playing Project Gotham Racing 3 on Xbox 360, and playing foosball with friends.

I got nothing! Sitting round doin nothing. maybe i'll start lookin for an OBDII miata to buy.
    1991 Mazda Miata....Bone Stock!
    2004 Ford Ranger....Small Cosmetic Updates

Gettin Wasted!
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by Wes52805 View Post
    I got nothing! Sitting round doin nothing. maybe i'll start lookin for an OBDII miata to buy.
    Why do you want an OBDII one?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Why do you want an OBDII one?
    Easyer to tune, can get more SC power out of one for less. If the check engine light comes on just plug in a computer adn wiat for the rest. And if I end up selling the one i got i'll need another one. It's just too fun to drive!

Easyer to tune, can get more SC power out of one for less. If the check engine light comes on just plug in a computer adn wiat for the rest. And if I end up selling the one i got i'll need another one. It's just too fun to drive!
    You should be able to get just as much power out of a non-OBDII 1.8 as an OBDII 1.8. Most actually prefer the non-OBDII because you can get a full ECU and still pass inspection.

You should be able to get just as much power out of a non-OBDII 1.8 as an OBDII 1.8. Most actually prefer the non-OBDII because you can get a full ECU and still pass inspection.
    I'm told the 94-95 has lower compression therefore less SC power. Right now i've got a 1.6 so i need something newer anyway. As for the inspection i'm a state inspector so it will pass! plus with the deal i got on the one i have i know i can make a small profit. The business man in me.

I'm told the 94-95 has lower compression therefore less SC power.
    Hmmm... It is my understanding that lower compression allows you to run more advanced timing that more than makes up the difference. It is very common for people to lower the compression when building up an engine for a FI setup.
    Right now i've got a 1.6 so i need something newer anyway.
    Don't discount that 1.6 just yet. You may want to get a ride in my supercharged 1.6 and Sharpie's Turbo 1.6. It is a pretty capable platform.
    As for the inspection i'm a state inspector so it will pass! plus with the deal i got on the one i have i know i can make a small profit. The business man in me.
    NEW BEST FRIEND!

Hmmm... It is my understanding that lower compression allows you to run more advanced timing that more than makes up the difference. It is very common for people to lower the compression when building up an engine for a FI setup.Don't discount that 1.6 just yet. You may want to get a ride in my supercharged 1.6 and Sharpie's Turbo 1.6. It is a pretty capable platform.
    NEW BEST FRIEND!
    I'm just going off what i was told by Gary at Track dog and johnwag. So i'f i'm wrong fogive me i'm new to this miata thing.

Would like to get a ride in something with a little more power. The only i've found with the 1.6 is the MAF sensor is an open/close design instead of a variable flapper.

Connections....Make the world go round!

I'm just going off what i was told by Gary at Track dog and johnwag. So i'f i'm wrong fogive me i'm new to this miata thing.

Would like to get a ride in something with a little more power. The only i've found with the 1.6 is the MAF sensor is an open/close design instead of a variable flapper.

Connections....Make the world go round!
    Well, Gary is into piggyback ECUs, so I guess the full-ECU inspection stuff isn't an issue for him. I will have to ask him about his thoughts on the compression differences next time I see him.

Next time you see me at one of the Wed night meets, ask me for a ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast