Thread: Engine codes...but not all the time?!

Default Air bag flashes

Did a little upkeep on the sled yesterday; plugs, wires, oil, and a few other little things.

The air bag light is sometimes flashing. I haven't done much reading on this yet, as I got stupid and was researching something else.
    The light flashes a series of four times, pause, four times, etc.... Faulty S-sensor, apparently.

So, um...what's an S-sensor?

Thanks for the reminder, Titus. I'll buy you a drink for bringing me back to my senses...
    Last edited by juxt3r; 12-31-2006 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Because I'm being a moron
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

You do realize that the flashing AIR BAG light is unrelated to the CEL codes you checked, don't you? The Airbag has it's own ECU and the pattern of the AIR BAG flashing tells you what is wrong with the air bag system.

Most likely with the intermittant codes you need to replace 5 little capacitors in the airbag computer.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Not sure if we're talking CEL or airbag lights (both of mine have lit up from time to time). When I first picked up my car in October, the CEL came on and stayed on all the way from Tulsa back home. The next day, it never came on. In fact, it never came on again until after I let the car sit for a couple of weeks while I was out of town. I had a hell of a time starting it and it ran really rough for a few minutes until it warmed up, then the CEL came on and stayed on most of the day. The next day it stayed off, and hasn't come back on since. No clue what it was since AutoZone can't scan anything that's not OBDII. So, uh, there you go...

The airbag light's been flashing since Day One, though. It keeps me company now.

BLINK, PAUSE, BLINK, BLINK, BLINK (repeat)