Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year’s reminders

Default New Year’s reminders

For you lushes don't forget.
    By Dale Rice | Wednesday, December 27, 2006, 02:59 PM

If you’re planning on celebrating the new year with spirits, don’t forget that liquor stores will be closed Sunday — New Year’s Eve. Wine and beer can be purchased at grocery stores that afternoon, but no gin, vodka, bourbon or other hard liquor will be available that day to spike your holiday beverages

Dunno about the rest of you slackers... I planned ahead... 1 bottle of bubbly and a bottle of Texas vodka are awaiting the new year.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I don't drink, so I'm good
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    For you lushes don't forget.
    Yep, damn Bible belt down here. You can't buy liqour on Sundays and take it home to drink safely but you can drive across town to the "wet" location where bars are allowed and drink and then have to drive home.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I don't drink, so I'm good
    Same here. Not against it and will have a drink once in a while but certainly not on a regular basis. It's probably been 6 months since I've touched Alcohol and I might drink two times a year at best. In my younger days I drank more frequently.

Still, good reminder POS. I can bet there will be some disappointed folks on Sunday.

They might have to celebrate with this.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Yep, damn Bible belt down here. You can't buy liqour on Sundays and take it home to drink safely but you can drive across town to the "wet" location where bars are allowed and drink and then have to drive home.
    Y'know it's funny... I was at a wedding in Natchitoches, Louisiana last month. After the reception, some of my wife's friends (my wife spent her early teen years growing up here) took me through the local "drive-thru Margarita barn", where you could get up to a 40 () ounce margarita or hurricane to go... but by law they couldn't give you a straw to go with it.

In Oklahoma you can buy beer 24/7, but it's watered down. Here you can buy the good stuff, but only during certain hours on certain days. In parts of Tennessee, you can buy beer 24/7, but only at room temperature. WTF?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    In Oklahoma you can buy beer 24/7, but it's watered down. Here you can buy the good stuff, but only during certain hours on certain days. In parts of Tennessee, you can buy beer 24/7, but only at room temperature. WTF?
    In CA, all alcohol is treated equally, forsale everywhere, everyday, from 6am-2am.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    In CA, all alcohol is treated equally, forsale everywhere, everyday, from 6am-2am.
    As well as every where north of the Mason-Dixon line. <--- I love this smiley and it's so appropriate to this thread.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Y'know it's funny... I was at a wedding in Natchitoches, Louisiana last month. After the reception, some of my wife's friends (my wife spent her early teen years growing up here) took me through the local "drive-thru Margarita barn", where you could get up to a 40 () ounce margarita or hurricane to go... but by law they couldn't give you a straw to go with it.

We have a place like that in FT Worth. Called the Snowcone hut. or something like it. I have never been but friends have, and they give you a cup with a choice of 10 or so flavors of drink and they put it in a sealed container which meets TABC rules for selling beer and wine for off premise consumption. I finally figured out how they get around the law that doesnt allow you to sell liquor the same way. They are wine daiquiris or margaritas.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Not a problem for me. I did all my drinking Saturday
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    As well as every where north of the Mason-Dixon line. <--- I love this smiley and it's so appropriate to this thread.
    Yep, and they have bars on every corner yet less drunk driving than down South! At my friends in Michigan, we simply walked a block past the neighborhood to the bar! No need to drive there unless its snowing good and still its only a 1 min drive!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Yep, and they have bars on every corner yet less drunk driving than down South! At my friends in Michigan, we simply walked a block past the neighborhood to the bar! No need to drive there unless its snowing good and still its only a 1 min drive!
    Yeah - we have a lot of funny quirks in the south. Being gracious hosts is another one.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Yeah - we have a lot of funny quirks in the south. Being gracious hosts is another one.
    Except New Orleans, damned city got off lucky IMO.

Thank you.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Don't let the door hit you in the

LINKIE

Did you have any of Nachitoches' famous meat pies at this wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Don't let the door hit you in the

LINKIE

Now that's funny
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Did you have any of Nachitoches' famous meat pies at this wedding?
    Nope, but I've had 'em before. We try to get back for the Christmas festival every couple of years, since my wife still has a lot of friends that live there.

Funny meat pie story - we were back for the Christmas festival about six years ago, and we were with a bunch of other people, including a guy from Boston. We stopped to buy some meat pies from a vendor, and the Boston guy asked for some ketchup. All the locals turned around to stare angrily at him, and the vendor muttered, "You don't put ketchup on a meat pie, son." I thought he was gonna get lynched!

Louisianians take their food very seriously.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Dunno about the rest of you slackers... I planned ahead... 1 bottle of bubbly and a bottle of Texas vodka are awaiting the new year.

Channelmainiac's my HERO! Tito's on the rocks or mixed. AWESOME voddie. Will hold with ANYTHING on the vodka shelf and distilled six times right here in TX. Hell, Absolut is my backup now. LOL! The beyotch is that so few places carry it. Darn shame.

M
    '04 Ti MSM

"Drive till you hear glass and smell sh**!"

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Funny meat pie story -
    hotttttttttt pocketsssssssssssss.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast