Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taunting Bean thread

Default Taunting Bean thread

Hey Bean!

When is the car going to be street legal again? I think mine will be on the track before then.

I just dropped the Spec Project off today at Blak Racing to get the roll cage installed and I have the Ultra Shield 6 Point Harness, window net/mounting gear, extinguisher, and fuel port test kit on order from OKMiata.

<insert jokes about rewriting the D*** in a Box song to Car in a Box>

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I did hear the BUR is starting to look a little like a car again instead of the back of a U-Haul
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I just dropped the Spec Project off today at Blak Racing to get the roll cage installed
    To be more accurate, I should've said: I just DROVE the Spec Project over to...

Dang! Yours will be on the track before mine.....

I still have to go autocrossing and get my paperwork to get access to Mazdaspeed Motorsports (and save up the money) for buying the suspension kit.

It's still ready to go have fun on the track before then though.

I'll be selling those Rod Millen Panasports and picking up some Spec type rims. Probably get those from Deb & Larry up at www.okmiata.com and getting some Toyo RA-1 tires from Hamm's in Lewisville. They quoted me $130 (or was it 140?) per tire, mounted and balanced.

RJ

Talking

Hey Bean!

When is the car going to be street legal again? I think mine will be on the track before then.

I just dropped the Spec Project off today at Blak Racing to get the roll cage installed...

What's that gonna cost? I'm curious...

Also, would they build a custom roll bar?

Oh, and F You, Titus!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Oh, and F You, Titus!
    And here I was sitting here bitting my tongue, not posting to this thread.

Did you year the rumor about Treibenschnell? Apparently he has traded in his Miata for a Boxster.
    Last edited by Titus; 01-04-2007 at 04:37 PM.

I thought he traded it for a Yugo? It's faster than the BUR.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    It's faster than the BUR.
    The box it's in is faster than the BUR!

Right now, my bicycle is faster than the BUR.

The cage is a cool 2k. They are a race shop that stays busy with customer referrals. The cages they had in the cars in the shop looked good and they came recommended from a thread I had out on specmiata.com. I'm sure they should be able to weld you up a custom bar. It's only money.

RJ

To be more accurate, I should've said: I just DROVE the Spec Project over to...

Ya, I think I passed you around 3pm on my way to Mesquite! You were going North on 35 near main street right? You have a red hardtop if I remember correctly.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

I do have a red hardtop but that wasn't my car. I dropped it off before lunch. You'll recognize the car as it has green painted on stripes and lots of ugly body work that has to be redone. (Hail damage that the PO tried to fix with bondo but didn't do the bondo job worth a crap)

RJ

uhhh... you guys be nice to Lorenzo... Looks like he's been busy!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqvvn_lorenzo
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

..I just dropped the Spec Project off today at Blak Racing to get the roll cage installed...
    Does that mean the stuff we was talking about will come about in the not-so-distant future for one of us which is waiting ever so patiently and tearing our hair out?
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Does that mean the stuff we was talking about will come about in the not-so-distant future for one of us which is waiting ever so patiently and tearing our hair out?
    You talkin bout your tech day? Let me know cause I'm just up the road from channelmaniac.

I do have a red hardtop but that wasn't my car. I dropped it off before lunch. You'll recognize the car as it has green painted on stripes and lots of ugly body work that has to be redone. (Hail damage that the PO tried to fix with bondo but didn't do the bondo job worth a crap)

RJ
    Oh yeah, thought the car I saw looked pretty damn clean!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

you know you have to post pictures, its required.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    You talkin bout your tech day? Let me know cause I'm just up the road from channelmaniac.
    Not the tech day yet. Don't worry, everybody will know when that is going down
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Yup! Sure does.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Oh yeah, thought the car I saw looked pretty damn clean!
    Then it wasn't mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    you know you have to post pictures, its required.
    Patience young Padawan. That will come soon. I'll try to get over and get pics of various stages of construction if I can. Their shop is about 10 miles from my office. The due date is 1/25.

I think I'll paint the cage blue if I get a choice of colors. I'd like it to match the harness and window netting color since the seat is black and the rest of the car is white inside.

Oh, and I'll have 2 drivers side windows and one automatic window regulator to sell off since the Nascar bars are going in the door and they are making me a sheet metal snap-in window to cover the hole to keep the rain out.

Raymond

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    uhhh... you guys be nice to Lorenzo... Looks like he's been busy!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqvvn_lorenzo
    I noticed that those horses of his didn't hit a single cone, and no parts were left on the course
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast