Thread: Looking for wheels and tires...

Default Looking for wheels and tires...

I've been thinking about wheels and tires lately... and I thought I had settled on some Minilite replicas, but I've been poking around and I think I'm going to go with the Konig Helium (right number of spokes, REALLY light, clean look, etc). Anyhow, I checked the usual stores (Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct), and they don't appear to carry the Helium. I found them online a couple of places, with prices ranging from $90 to $110 per wheel. Any recommendations on where to buy?

BTW, I think I'm going to go with a 15x7 rim and a 205/50-15 tire.

Anyone, uh, looking to unload a used set??

I don't think the Heliums are available in 15x7. I have them in 15x6.5 and they are also available in 16x7. Goodwin Racing sells the 15x6.5 for $85 each. They are also offering them with 205/50/15 Toyo T1Rs mounted and balanced for $739... not a bad deal.

Have you looked at the the Rota RB. They come in several colors/polish lips combs. I find a place $500/set shipped.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1495558&page=1
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Have you looked at the the Rota RB. They come in several colors/polish lips combs. I find a place $500/set shipped.
    Any idea how much those weigh in a 15x7? Found a weight of 14-lbs for the 13x8, so these would probably be too heavy in the bigger size...

They do look good, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I don't think the Heliums are available in 15x7. I have them in 15x6.5 and they are also available in 16x7. Goodwin Racing sells the 15x6.5 for $85 each. They are also offering them with 205/50/15 Toyo T1Rs mounted and balanced for $739... not a bad deal.
    Did you have to get special lug nuts for your wheels? I noticed a note about stock lugs being a tight fit.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Did you have to get special lug nuts for your wheels? I noticed a note about stock lugs being a tight fit.
    I got spline lugs for mine. I never tried the stock lugs.

I got spline lugs for mine. I never tried the stock lugs.
    Got it... thanks.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Make SURE that if you use a torque wrench to tighten those lugs that you at least double-check the spline socket to see that the stock lug wrench fits...

I got lucky last week when I had a flat. No torque wrench but the stock lug wrench fit the spline socket so I was able to change the tire. Lots of fun at 9pm in OKC just off the highway in a hotel parking lot.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

check out the konig britelites, same # of spokes, and no one (i know) has them yet, cuz theyre fairly new to the market

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Make SURE that if you use a torque wrench to tighten those lugs that you at least double-check the spline socket to see that the stock lug wrench fits...

I got lucky last week when I had a flat. No torque wrench but the stock lug wrench fit the spline socket so I was able to change the tire. Lots of fun at 9pm in OKC just off the highway in a hotel parking lot.
    I carry a 4 way lug wrench behind the passenger seat that works with the spline socket.

I carry a 4 way lug wrench behind the passenger seat that works with the spline socket.

I thought the 4-way wrench was supposed to be in the trunk with the trunk monkey.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Default decided on Konig Rewinds

Well... I went and got the Konig Rewinds b/c I decided I really wanted the Minilite look... they should be in late next week! WOOHOO!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days