Thread: UTA, The beggining of another school year

Default UTA, The beggining of another school year

Well UTA has really been growing these last couple of years (30% - 40%) since 2000.

Just wanted to Rant on how much of a cluster f*ck it was today. 1:30 wait time at the Bursar and Finacial Aid office. The computer labs were over flowing. No parking, too much traffic, tows trucks everywhere. I'm lucky in that respect though, I have private dorm parking.

I thought UTA was a commuter school?

The up side, we have another great looking fish class

Chris

Default Re: UTA, The beggining of another school year

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    No parking, too much traffic, tows trucks everywhere. I'm lucky in that respect though, I have private dorm parking.

I thought UTA was a commuter school?

Chris
    That, and the fact that it's the only parking on campus with security cameras, are the only two reasons why I fork over the money each semester for the parking garage. Forget cruising endlessly around the satellite lots looking for a spot.

Well, and having covered parking is nice, too. Where else on campus could I leave the top down all day - which I've done plenty of times -without a care?

I'll have to check out the fish tomorrow, since I don't have any MW classes this semester.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Lucky you. How many hours are you taking this semester?

Trinity Parking Lot has cameras.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

So far I'm only signed up for 5 hours - MAE 4344 (CAD) and MAE 4287 (Senior Design Project I). Sad thing is, I only needed four classes going into this semester for my degree - CAD, an upper-level engineering elective... and Senior Design I & II. UTA chose not to offer Project I over the summer (contrary to what I was originally told ), and that pushed my graduation back a semester, since Project I & II can't be taken concurrently.

I may sign up for Goolsby's Fracture Mechanics course, but I haven't decided yet. I was hoping there would be a Matlab elective class this semester, but no luck.

On the plus side, my earliest class this semester starts at 12:30pm. Looks like I can turn off the alarm clock.

How 'bout you?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

fish?
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    fish?
    Freshmen (or women, in this case).
    Iain

Ah.. I assumed, just wasn't familiar with that reference....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Fracture Mechanics would be a fun one. I wish I would have gotten more of that. I would also like to know more matlab, but I would probably never use it in the job I'm have now. Among otherr things, I took IC engines and dynamics of flight my sr year. They were both really cool. IC was about what you would expect. DOF was half about the GPS system and half about aircraft (or any vehicle) simulation and control. LOTs of coordinate system work. Quite a bit of C++, but really cool overall.

Security cameras? Covered parking??? Back in my days at UTA we had to fight our way through vietnamese gangs to get to parking spaces. Whipper snappers.

Also I don't think you should talk about your methlab in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    Security cameras? Covered parking??? Back in my days at UTA we had to fight our way through vietnamese gangs to get to parking spaces. Whipper snappers.
    Lemme guess - uphill in the snow both ways, right? :P
    Iain