Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SM races this weekend at MSR

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    The more appropriate question is does he have the drywall up yet?
    up yours!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    up yours!
    Yikes! Me thinks I hit a nerve!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

HAHAHAHAHA!

Come on Merv!

Pick a date... Cater some Clark's BBQ... and let's have a "Help Merv Finish The House" party.

I have tools... I've done drywall before... I can do the trim work, paint, etc...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Really, it is almost finished. My list is down to less than a page now. I figure the interior will be done by Valentines Day. By then it should be a bit warmer to finish the outside stuff by the first day of Spring. Open House on April Fool's Day!

So is anyone planning on going down to spectate these races this weekend? It's along drive from East Jesus, but I've got nothing better to do this weekend, so I'm thinking about going down on Sunday (if the weather isn't completely crappy).

I seem to recall TtT led a nice drive from somewhere near Cleburne to MSR a year or so ago when we went to watch CVAR racing. Anyone remember the route?
    Last edited by altiain; 01-19-2007 at 09:57 AM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

917 out of Mansfield all the way to 171 in Godley
    then a jog south on 171 and a right on 2231 up to 4
    Right on 4 to 377
    right on 377 to Cresson
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Saturday afternoon calls for more winter percipitation. We'll be home and unless they strap skates to the Spec Miatas, I'd guess it will be cancelled.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Saturday afternoon calls for more winter percipitation. We'll be home and unless they strap skates to the Spec Miatas, I'd guess it will be cancelled.

Winter storm watch cancelled.....it will only rain.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Altiain, I am probably going to head out sunday afternoon too. I am pretty close though so I probably will just go down 377.

WOW!

I'm so ******* excited about building this car up!

Just got back from MSR and there were a bunch of cars there for signing in and getting teched. It was cool getting to look in the cars and see the different ways they are set up.

I did notice that I'll need to pick up one of the pieces I tossed... DOH! The rear deck sheet metal.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Altiain, I am probably going to head out sunday afternoon too. I am pretty close though so I probably will just go down 377.
    Yeah, if the weather isn't completely :will: on Sunday, I'll most likely go down to watch for awhile. What time are you thikning about going?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Yeah, if the weather isn't completely :will: on Sunday, I'll most likely go down to watch for awhile. What time are you thikning about going?
    Merv said qualies around 11, so probably somewhere around then.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

That was AMAZING!

David & I got there around 12 noon today and watched the first race. Before the track workers were in place the ambulances checked the track and one of 'em spun out on Horseshoe.

That was a vision of things to come.

After dropping off some corner workers a truck spun out on the same corner. WOW.

Then the race started. The first race was a bunch of RX-7's, 3 Miatas, and one Fiat. Right off the green flag there were folks off the road to the left and right going in to Rattlesnake. An orange (BRIGHT fluorescent orange) RX-7 came out of Ricochet sideways and got stuck in deep mud off the right side of the road... he spent most of the race there.

There were cars off on all corners. A couple of them went about 100 feet off road from Horseshoe. The scary point was when a white Miata with dark stripes (blue?) went off left in the initial turn into Rattlesnake and got stuck. A few laps later the blue & silver Miata (who won) went into the corner and the 2nd place silver RX-7 went in a little hot trying to catch him.... and lost it. He went sideways and started to spin around right in front of that white miata that was stuck in the mud. I'm not sure how close he really was but from the upstairs area where we were watching it looked like he almost nailed him.

We had to leave right after that race to go pick up a wild pig that was ready at Syracuse. If you hunt, that place makes up some awesome sausages from wild game, but that's a different topic to spin off on.

If you guys have time to watch today or tomorrow, you'll have a blast.

RJ

Wow, that sounds amazing. I wished I would have gone. D'=

Sounds like it was fun, as well. Did it rain all day when you were there? It was pretty cold today.

Did spec racer fords race?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Sounds like it was fun, as well. Did it rain all day when you were there? It was pretty cold today.

Did spec racer fords race?
    It rained the whole time we were there... almost 2 hours. Didn't see any Fords race.

Mainly Formula Mazdas, RX-7s, and Miatas, but there were smatterings of Corvettes, Minis, one of some kind of Acura.

Well I went out today and took a ton of pictures. Ill post some here in a bit. Altiain, I saw your car and walked around looking for you for a bit. Sorry I missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Well I went out today and took a ton of pictures. Ill post some here in a bit.
    +1

The family & I were there for the last 2 races. We were upstairs watching from the balcony. I didn't know it but the lead safety guy handling tech was one of the ones building my roll cage.

There were some great offroads and some paint swapping. The last race was the Spec Miata race. One of the cars (Montego Blue) bumped with another car and the left rear rim sheared off. The car was left off track until the end of the race and they put it on a flatbed trailer. WOW! I've never seen a rim shear off like that.

I'll post a few pics later tonight. I hope they turn out well. I was putting my new 300mm zoom lens (non-Image Stabilization lens) to use.

RJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12