Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raceday numbers

Default Raceday numbers

I was going to order some numbers but don't know if I should get magnetic or the vinyl stick on. Will magnetics be sticky enough? Also The Drivers Edge says numbers approx 12".....but IZoomgraphics only makes 8 inches. Is 8" acceptable for identifying the car?
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

You suck at the internet!

http://www.izoomgraphics.com/index.p...products_id=24
    For that custom look, this SCCA compliant Outline Race Car Number Set does the trick. The set includes two digit numbers and three digit class letters for both sides of your car as well as a reduced size number set for your hood. Available in 24 colors and 14 letterstyles. Choose 8", 10", 12" or 14" tall numbers - all class letters are 5" tall. Additional numbers and class letters may be added for an additional cost. All race car number sets are manufactured from high performance permanent cast vinyl. Driver's name is included with all Race Car Number Sets. All orders are manufactured at time of order and usually ship the next business day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    I was going to order some numbers but don't know if I should get magnetic or the vinyl stick on. Will magnetics be sticky enough? Also The Drivers Edge says numbers approx 12".....but IZoomgraphics only makes 8 inches. Is 8" acceptable for identifying the car?
    8 inch is fine. I lost a magnet one once but that was because I have one-piece magnets that are pretty stiff especially when cold (like the day it fell off). Individual numbers should be more flexible and should stay on better. In the future, I am going to be sure to use some tape to insure mine stay on.

Hey numnuts...those are raceday numbers not trackday numbers. I believe raceday are permament vinyls while they give you an option for trackday numbers but only 1 size

__________________________________________________ ___

Q. What is the best graphics material to use for my car?

A. That depends on your cars construction. If your car has traditional steel body panels, then Magnetics are the best way to go as they are easy to apply and last many years. If your cars body is aluminum, fiberglass or other composite, then Reusable Vinyl graphics will serve you best. If you own a dedicated Competition Car then we recommend Permanent Vinyl Graphics for a clean, trouble-free solution.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Talking

Hey numnuts...those are raceday numbers not trackday numbers. I believe raceday are permament vinyls while they give you an option for trackday numbers but only 1 size
    Try reading on the website its fun!

http://www.izoomgraphics.com/index.p...=page_trackday

I really appreciate you reinforcing my decision to send my kid to private school!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 01-16-2007 at 02:38 PM.

__________________________________________________ ___

Q. What is the best graphics material to use for my car?

A. That depends on your cars construction. If your car has traditional steel body panels, then Magnetics are the best way to go as they are easy to apply and last many years. If your cars body is aluminum, fiberglass or other composite, then Reusable Vinyl graphics will serve you best. If you own a dedicated Competition Car then we recommend Permanent Vinyl Graphics for a clean, trouble-free solution.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Try this link... http://www.izoomgraphics.com/index.p...products_id=12
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Yep... while the Track Day Basic Number Set only comes in 8", all of the other Track day sets are available in 8, 10 or 12.

I just called the guy and ordered theTrackday Drop Outlines 10" magnetics in blue with a fblack outline.

Thank you for participating. Watch your step and please feel free to tip the driver on the way out.

BTW, I agree that private school is a better choice

ps...I suck at the internet
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 01-16-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Having bought sets of both 12" and 10" numbers from IZoom, I can assure you that Sean makes larger than 8" numbers.

For a Miata, I'd suggest 10" numbers. The 12" numbers are a little big, but the 10" numbers provide better visibility than the 8" numbers, especially at a racetrack where the sightlines are typically much longer.

Here is a pic of 12" numbers on my old Miata for reference:

The numbers on the RX-8 avatar pic are 10". BTW, I've tested those numbers up to 125mph.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I have the 10" from Izoom. They really stand out. This is cherry red, not the "brighter" fire red.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I really appreciate you reinforcing my decision to send my kid to private school!
    Great stuff.

Go bus a table or something

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

painting tape FTW

Go bus a table or something
    I bet I can do it faster than you.

Hey Majik....you forgot the fries

Hey Majik....you forgot the fries
    Get em yourself A**hole.

sorry for grinding your gears with the picture....I am sure you are a fine waiter and deserve bigger tips than customers leave

sorry for grinding your gears with the picture....I am sure you are a fine waiter and deserve bigger tips than customers leave
    Where is the back-peddling smilie when you need one!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Where is the back-peddling smilie when you need one!
    will cover it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast