Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yay, it's snowing!

I am so leaving work at 3 to beat all traffic! I hope everyone else doesn't have the same idea though.

My boss is so hardcore he spent the night here in case it was too bad to drive.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Yay. working from home today and class is canceled tonight.
    Snow kicks !!
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I just hope I can get a flight home tonight.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I just hope I can get a flight home tonight.
    Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Where are you?
    Little Rock

The airports appear to be open, just delayed due to de-icing. And they say the precipitation is over. Hopefully your flight will be one of the many that are NOT cancelled.

S.

If it is, I'll just drive home.

Although my trip for Thurs/Fri to Tulsa has been cancelled so I'm not in a hurry to get home... other than not having any extra clean clothes with me.

RJ

Although my trip for Thurs/Fri to Tulsa has been canceled so I'm not in a hurry to get home... other than not having any extra clean clothes with me.

RJ
    Most companies will let you expense a change of clothes if you get stranded. The bank just ups Bean's ATM fees to cover it.

Although my trip for Thurs/Fri to Tulsa has been cancelled so I'm not in a hurry to get home... other than not having any extra clean clothes with me.

RJ
    Hey man, I went to Oklahoma City yesterday. The only clear road was I-35. I was supposed to finish my route throughout the rest of oklahoma, but there was 4-6 inches of ice on the roads from Checotah down. 110,000 people were out of electricity and fuel was a 2 hour wait.

I turned around and went home.

Suspension Modder

Talking

Sweet another work from home for me.

So why were the roads worse this morning then in past snowy/icy mornings? Here is the answer. I particularly enjoyed the second to last line.

that is priceless
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    that is priceless
    I thought you might enjoy that.

It took me 2 1/2 hrs to drive 23 miles to work this morning! When I left the house I didn't know how bad the roads were and drove my Miata! What a mistake! I had spun out and almost had an "extreme make over" of the right side of my car with the concrete barrer. After that, I almost ran off the 3 times! Some one at the weather forecast was sleeping on the job on this one!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    It took me 2 1/2 hrs to drive 23 miles to work this morning! When I left the house I didn't know how bad the roads were and drove my Miata! What a mistake! I had spun out and almost had an "extreme make over" of the right side of my car with the concrete barrer. After that, I almost ran off the 3 times! Some one at the weather forecast was sleeping on the job on this one!
    The car is ok right? Yeah it was a surprise to see the ground this morning.

My 7pm flight was delayed, delayed, and delayed... Finally got home at 11:40pm. Urg.

On the other hand... my Tulsa trip for Thurs/Fri has cancelled.

Bring on the weather!

The car is ok right? Yeah it was a surprise to see the ground this morning.
    Everything is OK! By the time the car came to a stop, the door was only 6 inches from the concrete barrier. The best/lucky thing I did during the spin was keep the car going straight (backward) in the direction I was going before the spin. So that the car did not go side way.

The angels were watching over me yesterday! I must have done something good!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Everything is OK! By the time the car came to a stop, the door was only 6 inches from the concrete barrier. The best/lucky thing I did during the spin was keep the car going straight (backward) in the direction I was going before the spin. So that the car did not go side way.

The angels were watching over me yesterday! I must have done something good!
    Hey that autoX stuff pays off. It makes a huge difference to not panic when the hits the fan.

We recieved alot more snow this weekend, and we made a snow man. Calvin and Hobbs anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 01-22-2007 at 11:36 AM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    We recieved alot more snow this weekend, and we made a snow man. Calvin and Hobbs anyone?
    Bahaha that's awesome!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast